Spirit Air out of FLL

Travel discussion for St. Thomas
philbetm

Spirit Air out of FLL

Post by philbetm »

Flying out of Charlotte has gotten outrageous on price. I have found a way to cut the cost in half. If we use FF miles next June to fly from Clt to Ft. Lauderdale then hook up on Spirit for the second leg to STT it will cut the total cost for 2 in half. But....We have never flown with Spirit ! Are they reliable ? Booking so far out...will that be safe with them ? Any information is greatly appreciated !

Sherry in SC :)
" I believe there's Magic here...."
JJShaw

Re: Spirit Air out of FLL

Post by JJShaw »

Hi Sherri,
We use them about all the time from Myr and stop in Ft Lauerdale...we have only had 1 delay coming back by about an hour in 09..and have flown other destinations with them as well...we've only had them change a flight date on us once back in 08..we were cruising and they bumped our date back by a day...I called them and explained we couldn't change and they had it taken care of in just a few minutes...other than that...no problems...maybe we have just been lucky..but we have had good luck...and I wouldn't hesitate to use them again..they do charge for a checked bag...(I book travel for Expedia Cruise ships Centers and find most airlines do)...and they charge for seats...some airlines do...I personally never buy the seats and never had a problem getting a good seat and have always sat with my husband...we have their Mastercard and use airmiles to fly...last time we paid 20.00 to get to STT..I would call and ask when their airmiles seats open up...I know last yr we had to wait until about November to use our miles for June..as I said..maybe Ive been lucky...but I wouldnt hesitate to use them...The only drawback I see...they charge for a carry on..IF its bigger than a backpack...so we usually just check a bag and not worry about it and have lots of room for food...fins and room to bring things back.....hope this helps...:)
[/url]