St. Thomas, Day 1

Travel discussion for St. Thomas

Do you want to have a recap of my trip every day?

Poll ended at Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:10 pm

Yes
92%
No
8%

Total votes: 12

Anthony
Site Admin

St. Thomas, Day 1

Post by Anthony »

Don't know if I can keep this up but here is a quick re-cap of the day:

Up at my sister-in-laws not too late - quick breakfast and off to Magen's Bay Beach. My kids practically grew up on that beach and it is still their favorite. After struggling with gear for awhile the girls and I went off on a long snorkel along the rocks on the Peterborg side. We like to look for small things and were not disappointed - some arrow crabs, lots of fish, sea cucumbers, hermit crabs, some small conch, some interesting shells.

On the way back we were a little more off the rocks in deeper water and I saw a big fish - maybe a king fish or some type of mackerel. Also spied a couple of lobsters under a rock that I may have to go back for...

We had lunch there, burgers and fries which is actually okay but not great. Painkiller was super strong -

The girls got the hair done and I went back and read for awhile and packed up when a brief shower passed. We came home late afternoon and went out to the Fruit Bowl to shop for dinner. Wow - even after living here for 5 years some of the prices can still astound - but the place was expanded a few years back and has a pretty good selection of nearly everything - not just fruit and veg anymore.

I made penne pasta for dinner with broccoli rape, a little lemon juice, some hot pepper flakes, white wine, garlic and plenty of olive oil, and sautéd some chicken breasts in butter with a little lemon and white wine to go with it. My niece made us a great salad with spinach and feta. Second great meal on St. Thomas (my sister-in-law fed us last night!).

A quick dip in the pool after dinner ends the first day -

And now I will try to post a pic via the forum - lets see if this works:
Attachments
magens-bay-august-2012.JPG
magens-bay-august-2012.JPG (119.02 KiB) Viewed 2859 times
Anthony for Virgin Islands On Line
lprof

Re: St. Thomas, Day 1

Post by lprof »

Thank you. If you post it; I will read it! So glad you are there and having fun!
... no longer a stranger to paradise
Jan&MikeVa

Post by Jan&MikeVa »

So good to know you're back in the Islands :) How long has it been? Enjoy your trip back "home"!!
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

I hope that you have a terrific vacation! I don't know too much about St. Thomas and look forward to hearing more about it.
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
Kevino

Post by Kevino »

Thanks for the TR. Look forward to more. Enjoy your quality time with family. Everything will fall into place for you.
Florida Girl

Post by Florida Girl »

I'm following! :D
Anthony
Site Admin

Post by Anthony »

Ha! I wanted to know who voted "No"
Anthony for Virgin Islands On Line
lprof