St. Thomas, Day 3

Travel discussion for St. Thomas
Anthony
Site Admin

St. Thomas, Day 3

Post by Anthony »

Highlight of the day was visiting my old friend Ronnie Lockhart of the Crystal Palace. Ronnie is well known here and on many other forums and boards - he is a fountain of local knowledge and one of the most down to earth people I have ever met.

My wife wanted to look for a watch on main street, so after breakfasting on my sister-in-laws fresh eggs (she got chickens last year), we headed into town. I left the ladies and walked up to the Crystal Palace unannounced and luckily found Ronnie home. It has been a few years but we shared some stories and then headed out to an AOL "board" lunch at Molly Malones where to my surprise was forum member SilverHeels - and also long ago VIOL forum participant Geri and her husband among others. That was fun and a bit of a blast from the past - as well as way too much food!

Ronnie dropped me back in town after lunch and we stopped at Yacht Haven Grande to check it out (my wife had never been), did a little wine shopping, and then to Gourmet Gallery for a couple of other items for dinner. Wow - if you have not been in Gourmet Gallery recently the renovation is done and it is a spectacular if not expensive market. Huge inside, super selection of almost everything you could imagine, deli, salad bar - the works.

Back to Peterborg to relax, some pool and computer time, and another great home cooked dinner. Tomorrow we leave St. Thomas for St. John - more to come.
Anthony for Virgin Islands On Line
lprof

Re: St. Thomas, Day 3

Post by lprof »

"Like" 8)
... no longer a stranger to paradise
silverheels

Post by silverheels »

Anthony,

It was great to see you at lunch yesterday. I guess that you know we old time AOL board members have been getting together every year. Last year we were there for Gerie and John's wedding. Our gatherings are the forerunners of the VIOL STJ forum parties at the Beach Bar.
You have put a lot of work into the new boards. I'm not having a problem with them, just getting used to them.
Enjoy your stay on STJ.

Marie (Silverheels)
Florida Girl

Post by Florida Girl »

I'm liking your daily reports! Keep up the good work, if you have the time! :D
RonUSVI

Post by RonUSVI »

Was a great surprise for me as well!! Worked out great that the AOL forumites were having the August get together that day. Great conversation and food. Always great seeing everyone. Hope you are enjoying STJ!
RL 8)