Trip Report part 3

Travel discussion for St. Thomas
STTlover

Trip Report part 3

Post by STTlover »

August 17th: Another pool gravity day
Since this was my sister and her family's first full day we decided to keep it close and just hang around Sapphire. We did some snorkeling and saw tons of fish and ran into a school of about 30 black squid. Very cool. For dinner we went over for to Sangria's at the Elysian for some sandwiches and lighter fare. The service was terrible, but the food was good. We headed back to Sapphire and parked ourselves on my sister balcony and drank and played games till the wee hours. All in all another fun day

August 18th: Smith Bay Beach
This beach is just 1/4 mile down the road from sapphire and believe or not, I had never been. My sister and her family stayed behind due to the little ones napping schedules, but the rest of us packed some sandwiches and beach chairs and headed over. It's only $2 pp to get in and plenty of parking. There are no facilities, but there is a life guard on duty. This is quite a beautiful beach. Calm waters and is very shallow..great for families.

Around 2 we packed it in and headed back to Sapphire. For dinner my husband, myself and my brother in law decided we wanted to go to Latitude 18 while the rest stayed back and made spaghetti. We started with the escargot and fried shark bites. Both delicious. For entree's my husband had the blackened mahi w/ pasta and my brother in law and I had the tuna. Everything was so good!! We stuck around to listen to Barefoot Davis play a bit before heading back. It was another long night of card games and drinking on the balcony. I think we finally headed to bed around 12:30am. Tomorrow...ST.John beach day!
mdxter

Re: Trip Report part 3

Post by mdxter »

B202 owner here...enjoying your review. our annual trip to stt is normally around Sept. airfare is a little more affordable for a family of 5. may have to check out the boat charter that you guys used.
VIlanders

Re: Trip Report part 3

Post by VIlanders »

STTlover....thanks so much for your trip report. I am really enjoying it especially the pictures of Lindquist Beach. That is one of our favorites and never many people there. Can't wait to get back in February. :D