Trip Report Part 4

Travel discussion for St. Thomas
STTlover

Trip Report Part 4

Post by STTlover »

So to pick up where I left off..

August 19th; STJ beach day.

Every year I look forward to spending a day bumming it on one of STJ's beaches. This year only myself, my husband, and brother in law took the car ferry over as the rest decided because of the little ones nap schedules they would head to Megan's for the day. So we got on the 10:30 ferry and headed over to Deli Grotto. We picked up some sandwiches and a crack bar and made the short drive to my favorite beach, Maho. The beach was quite busy. We found a spot to the far left and set up camp. I immediately put my snorkel on and was on a mission to find turtles. With in a few minutes of being out in the grasses, I found not one but two. Score! I went back and joined the boys who were limin in the shallows. After a bit I decided to walk down the beach with my camera and ended up catching this little one in the shallows.

View My Video

I just wanted to take him home with me! The beach was absolutely glorious this day!
The day wore on and more people came to the beach. I believe that our very on Pia and Les were camped right next to us. Around 2 we decided to head to Cinnamon and shower off the salt water and put on some real clothes. We headed in to Cruz Bay to do some shopping. I picked up an Island Girl bracelet from Bamboo and my BIL picked up a petroglyph link bracelet for his gf back home. We had one drink at Woody's and decided to head back to Red Hook. My mom grilled steaks that night and we headed to bed early around 9, everyone was pooped.

August 20th:

So today was another pool gravity day. The previous day we had heard rumblings at Maho about an approaching storm, so we were all keeping an eye to our cell phones for updates on storm carib etc. as we were scheduled to leave on Wednesday night. We also took advantage of our quality family time to let our parents in on a little secret. We had planned a vow renewal and dinner for them the next night. They were excited and very very surprised. So they made sure that we went out that evening on them and they would babysit. Us 7 "kids" went to dinner in Red Hook at Pesce. Amazing food, they never disappoint. After dinner we followed it up w/ a Red Hook bar crawl and eventually crawled home close to 2am, yikes!
mindehankins

Re: Trip Report Part 4

Post by mindehankins »

Logged in just to say thanks for the report!!! Looks like a(nother) lovely trip. And thanks for the heads' up, on the STJ forum :D