What to do for a few hours

Travel discussion for St. Thomas
samoka

What to do for a few hours

Post by samoka »

Hi all - I am going to STJ in February. Our flight lands at STT early in the morning (8). We were thinking about spending a couple of hours on STT since we never seem to as we are always in a hurry to get to STJ. My question is which beach would be relatively quiet on a Saturday in February. We will have a car. We will want to get lunch someplace also. We would prefer something onthe water for lunch. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Beachboy

Re: What to do for a few hours

Post by Beachboy »

Secret Harbor is quiet, and has a nice beach. There is also a restaurant on the beach. It is also very close to Red Hook.
kimberlysea

Post by kimberlysea »

Secret Harbour...they have a restaurant right on the beach. In the Red Hook area-close to where you would catch the ferry
RonUSVI

Post by RonUSVI »

Third vote for Secret Harbour!!
RL 8)
samoka

Post by samoka »

Thanks looks like Secret Harbor it is. Thanks for the info.
kma27

Post by kma27 »

Can I ask you a question about this? How are you able to find a flight where you arrive on STT at 8:00 a.m.? I have been flying down there since 1997 and have never gotten in that early; I'm lucky to get in at 1:30 p.m. Just curious. Thanks. :)
samoka

Post by samoka »

We are taking a red eye from Boston to San Juan and then a quick hop to St Thomas - I figured I never sleep the night before anyway - and the worst case scenario is I sleep on the beach all day Sat :D I figured it was worth the layover to get there that early. We get an extra day without having to pay and extra night of lodging.