Food Center

Travel discussion for St. Thomas
Joppa

Food Center

Post by Joppa »

I have a gift certificate to The Food Center and had a few questions. Do they sell beer? I see alchol and wine advertised but not beer. I was also wondering if they sell those styrofoam coolers that you see in the grocers here in the states? I have never noticed one anywhere on St.John. If not Food Center are they available anywhere on St.Thomas? The place we will be staying is almost to Concordia on St.John, so we have a long ride with our groceries. Thanks.
Exit Zero

Re: Food Center

Post by Exit Zero »

Pueblo in Sub base had hundreds of styrofoam coolers stacked up above all the coolers in the cold dept. today.
Food Center sells beer.
Joppa

Post by Joppa »

Thanks Exit. We have a GIft Certificate from the Food Center so I was hoping to pick up everything there. If you happen to be there anytime before 4/29 and you notice the coolers could you let me know. Another question for you. The gift certificate is for more than we will use. Is there a food pantry on St.John somewhere that you are aware of?
Connie

Post by Connie »

Just wondering why you want a styrofoam cooler? If you're thinking of taking it anywhere but your condo/villa, I would suggest you buy a rolling cooler. We have one and they're great. Just like a suitcase and easy to use. We bring some things down with us and use it like a suitcase on the way home.

The food center sells all kinds of beer. They also have alot of nice meats and dinners pre-made.
"Paradise...it's a state of mine"
Joppa

Post by Joppa »

I just want the cooler to get my refrigerated food to our Villa. We usually pack food but this year we have a gift certificate to the Food Center. We will need to get our food from there to John's Folly.