St thomas restaurant

Travel discussion for St. Thomas
gmanka

St thomas restaurant

Post by gmanka »

I will be on Stt for a couple of days and wondering about restaurants. Staying near Frenchtown but have a car so travel not a problem. Any recommendations?
islandjo2010

Re: St thomas restaurant

Post by islandjo2010 »

I'm not sure if I can be of much help...we've only stayed on St. Thomas a few days our past 2 trips before heading to St. John.
Our family with 2 teens, likes Molly Molone's and Duffy's Love Shack. Both are located in Red Hook.

I hope someone else will chime-in with some suggestions!

Have a awesome time in paradise! :)
Exit Zero

Re: St thomas restaurant

Post by Exit Zero »

Many STT residents consider Frenchtown to be the restaurant Capital of St Thomas -- all owner operated and a varied selection of cuisines and price points.
Entering from the waterfront road there is McDonalds on your left - some families and travelers are in need of a fast food fix -- onto the waterfront and on the dock is Hook Line Sinker - great fresh seafood, lobster and steaks and substantial drinks in a casual breezy atmosphere ---- next door is Frenchtown Deli, breakfast,lunch and early dinner in a coffee house setting, some amazing unique sandwiches on premise or to go --- next door is Epernay a wine oriented small space with a daily menu and some tables outside on the deck --- on the corner is Bella Blu, Austrian roots, excellent wines in a NY bistro setting, a Saturday brunch that is legendary and a long time local favorite, --- Pie Whole is next door -- small room with an active bar crowd, top notch wood fired pizza and pasta dishes all backed by the most extensive beer list in the Caribbean - next is the closed space formerly occupied by a Mexican outlet and soon to re-open with a new energy - mid March? -- Betsys is just down the road - a popular bar with lots of space and and bustling crowd -- great lunch and dinner and THE Place for late night bar food and drink --- around the corner and enter Twisted Cork, an enthusiastic wine and food cafe, and a friendly staff serving some of the most innovative food on STT, much of it grown in their own back garden --- down the road 5 minutes on the left is Oceana - on the water, with great sunset views the reconstructed Russian Embassy of Danish times is a gourmet destination and is fine dining in a super fine location -- if you go to the right from Twisted Cork out 5 minutes to the back of Frenchtown is Enkai, the premier sushi spot on island , waterfront, small, and decidedly out of the way Enkai serves fresh, crafted specialties that duly reward the intrepid traveler that seeks them out and is a local secret that deserves discovery.

That is my restaurant tour of Frenchtown -- many places are closed on Sunday - Hook Line Sinker does the only Sunday Brunch - reservations are appreciated everywhere - these are mostly small restaurants - the owners are often your greeter - the staffs are almost all long time service professionals - there is free parking and it is a safe walking area - some places have dedicated parking lots - you will find locals and tourists about equally and meet some of the most interesting folks on island!