Virgin Gorda trip report and photos

Travel discussion for Tortola, Virgin Gorda, Jost Van Dyke, and beyond!
jayseadee

Post by jayseadee »

Great report and pictures. We also stayed in Cedar and loved the view.

I think we need to get back there.
janet
linne

Post by linne »

Hi Maggy!

Thank you for the report. I didn't know that VG was so wonderful- have only visited the Bath during a boat trip, lot of people, short time etc.. V.G. didn’t impress me in the same way as STJ.
But I really would love to stay in a house similar the one you had rented , basic but with a great view. Seems also very private and with walking distance to the sea. Now I have a new place to dream about :D !

Must be nice both to meet old friends and have new friends - knowing that you will return.

And your pictures are as always amazing.

Linne
Maggy

Post by Maggy »

linne wrote:Hi Maggy!

Thank you for the report. I didn't know that VG was so wonderful- have only visited the Bath during a boat trip, lot of people, short time etc.. V.G. didn’t impress me in the same way as STJ.
But I really would love to stay in a house similar the one you had rented , basic but with a great view. Seems also very private and with walking distance to the sea. Now I have a new place to dream about :D !

Must be nice both to meet old friends and have new friends - knowing that you will return.

And your pictures are as always amazing.

Linne
Thank you Janet, yes you have to go back :lol: !!

Tack Linne! Yes Virgin Gorda is so much more than just the Bath. Honestly, that's a place you avoid, unless it's really early in the morning or later in the afternoon.

The houses at Guavaberry have such a great charm. They are impossible not to love, unless you need to have everything new, very modern and very high standard. But to me, they are soooo charming and cosy. No TV or anything like that.

I've found my favorite place, that's for sure. Not even the Maldives will top this. Nothing wrong with the Maldives though :lol: .

Karin
EagleRayLover

Post by EagleRayLover »

Leslie - sorry, but no picture of the Eagle Ray. It was pretty large but too far away to get a good picture of. It was out on the sand at 60ft. I did try to take a photo, but it wasn't even good enough to see it was an eagle ray. I have deleted it. Did you snorkel Spyglass wall? That's where we saw the ray.

too rough to get to Spyglass on our adventure with Captain John- but maybe in October when we are with him again with Chet and Mrs. Chet!!! Regardless - I have now seen eagles down there so I know they exist

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Leslie, Kids Night In Babysitting
jmq

Post by jmq »

Hi Maggy -

Just got back from our own trip so havent had a chance to see this. Great stuff.

What, no pictures of Soca and Pearl? (I know not really - I saw them on FB).

You have to be pleased with the performance of the G11 = very nice results. We really need a beach vacation and need to get back to VG and GB, so thanks for the virtual visit.
When we come to place where the sea and the sky collide
Throw me over the edge and let my spirit glide
Coden

Post by Coden »

Hi Maggy - thnx for the awesome report and pictures. I think me and dh will have to go there, hopefully with our son, he's been to STJ and would love the BVI's!

Thnx!!
Coden