Over night on Jost

Travel discussion for Tortola, Virgin Gorda, Jost Van Dyke, and beyond!
JJShaw

Over night on Jost

Post by JJShaw »

We are thinking we may try to stay on Jost 1 night on our next trip to STJ...anyone done this and if so...got any suggestions as far as going to STJ or Jost first, Ferries Etc. any info would be great...we are arriving on a wed. If that matters...:)
Thanks in Advance !!!
[/url]
SOonthebeach

Post by SOonthebeach »

We overnighted on Jost once a few years back- took a Hobie over with Captain Han of Sail Safaris- a real adventure- so fun! We stayed in one of the cottages at Ivan's, walked over the hill to Foxy's for dinner and walked back while looking at the full Milky Way- amazing. We took the Hobie back the next day.

We have also gone to Jost for day trips on the ferry- very easy. Check the schedule to make sure that it is running the next day to get back! I think it runs every day but Wednesday.

http://www.vinow.com/general_usvi/inter ... Van%20Dyke

I say do it for sure- we want to do it again!
ClevelandDave

Post by ClevelandDave »

Hi JJ

Actually, on Wednesday there is no ferry to JVD from either St Thomas or St John. On Wed, the only option for getting to JVD is via Tortola. Unless your first day is the only one that works for your itinerary, I wouldn't go with this route since it blows so much on travel time.

The JVD-STJ ferry leaves Great Harbor at 9:15 and either 3:30 or 4:00 (depending on the day). You could be looking at two fairly whole days on JVD if you choose.

In June it shouldn't be too hard to find a place to overnight. I would say that a tent or "cabin" at Ivan's is a good bet. Lot's of folks do that for an overnight. It's basically sleeping on the beach.

Seacrest Inn in Great Harbor shows a 3 day min but I'd check anyway http://www.bviwelcome.com/seacrestinn/seacrestinn.html

Great way to spend your 50th!!

Have a blast
Dave
Bandit

Post by Bandit »

I spent three long hot, (and I mean hot), June nights at the Seacrest Inn. Had air conditioning and still had to open the freezer door on the refrigerator just to get any cool air at all. And couldn't find a soul to get any help, even though the Manager is supposed to be on-site. The afternoon sun just bakes that building so hot that you never cool down. And then you have the boom, boom, boom from Foxy's next door until midnight EVERY night. But I suppose not swatting mosquito's and noseeums all night was a plus.

Perfect Pineapple, located right behind The Soggy Dollar Bar, or Sandcastle at The Soggy Dollar are good options.
ClevelandDave

Post by ClevelandDave »

That's the first review I've actually read on the Seacrest. Doesn't sound too coomfortable for June, does it.

I didn't think about Sandcastle because they're always booked up but you may get lucky and find an open cabin that's inbetween bookings. Definately worth a call.

Good call Bandit!
JJShaw

Post by JJShaw »

Thanks everyone...:)
[/url]