ivans cabins

Travel discussion for Tortola, Virgin Gorda, Jost Van Dyke, and beyond!
junebug

ivans cabins

Post by junebug »

anybody ever stayed in them or there tent? or anything about ivans can u tell me about ivans plan on being there this dec for 5 nights thanks
lovethebeach

Ivan's

Post by lovethebeach »

I have stayed at Ivan's Campground three times. The last time was two years ago. The tent cottages are very rustic. They have a bed, a couple shelves, and a place to hang clothes. The ones we stayed in also had a refrigerator. I think it is extra for the refrigerator. We have also stayed in the condos, but I think they have a minimum stay in high season and I'm not sure if it is 5 or 7 nights. The condos are nice and new. I am thinking they had a microwave and mini frig. Ivan has a common kitchen area with a stove, a couple microwaves, and a couple refrigerators. The problem with the kitchen is people often leave their dirty dishes just soaking in the water, so when it is your turn to use the kitchen, we ending up washing their dirty dishes and then ours after we finished. The bathrooms were usually decent but the showers are open at the top, so I didn't feel like you had full privacy. Their beach is very beautiful and sometimes I would be the only person out there in the morning or evening. It's not for everyone, but if you are used to camping you would probably be fine.
Bandit

Post by Bandit »

There is a sofa, not on the beach, but very near Ivans. I would just sleep there.