Cooper Island Beach Club

Travel discussion for Tortola, Virgin Gorda, Jost Van Dyke, and beyond!
lprof

Cooper Island Beach Club

Post by lprof »

I found this interesting in concepts.
http://www.uncommoncaribbean.com/2013/0 ... each-club/
... no longer a stranger to paradise
Exit Zero

Re: Cooper Island Beach Club

Post by Exit Zero »

It is a great place and worth the visit. I have spent many nights there on a sailboat and a few weekends on shore in the cottages. It went through a change of ownership a few years ago and and has been upgraded in quite a few aspects. It has always been a close by retreat for mini vacations from the USVI.
The dive operation, the bar, restaurant and beach make it an attractive option and fairly affordable. There is private ferry access from Tortola or a short trip by private boat from STT/STJ.
The BVI trip offered by Stormy Petrel/Pirates Penny commonly stops there for lunch so it is not an undiscovered destination and it is a very popular overnight stop with BVI charterboats - snorkeling Cistern Rock just outside the mooring field is usually excellent.
If you get a chance --- stay a few days and enjoy!
lprof

Post by lprof »

Exit, your description makes Cooper Island sound even better! Thank you! One of these days,
I hope!
... no longer a stranger to paradise
AquaGirl

Post by AquaGirl »

We are booked on a trip to the BVIs this year, and are staying at Cooper for 5 nights. It gets great reviews online since the new ownership and several forumites have visited (for the day as I recall) and really liked it. . Its a little bit of a nuisance to get to on a Sunday, which is our normal travel day, because the Cooper ferry doesn't run on Sunday. We fly United non-stop (yeah!) from Wash DC to STT. Taxi to CA Ferry dock. Public ferry to Tortola. Taxi to dive shop. Dive boat to Cooper. I love being on the water, so I don't mind the ferry rides, if they are relatively on time, and not the old decrepit, smoke-belching ones we have taken in the BVIs. I'll write about it when we return.