|Get a FREE no obligation quote!||Steve Simonsen 2017 St. John Calendar
Latest Forum Posts (all forums):
Virgin Islands Webcams
Travel discussion for Tortola, Virgin Gorda, Jost Van Dyke, and beyond!
Moderator: The Mgmt.
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
I am doing some research for my niece who is planning a BVI wedding next May-June and will have about 15-20 guests from both US coasts. She has looked at so many places in Tortola that they are all starting to run together. Does anyone have any experience with weddings on Tortola. She is most interested in everyone having a good time. Cost is a factor, but not the main one. Thanks for any and all input. Lots of the info I have found is from many years ago.
I don't have any first hand experience with a wedding in the BVIs, but here are some thoughts.
Peter Island Resort (PIR)
The main beach on PIR is stunningly beautiful if she wants to get married on the beach. We saw a wedding take place on the beach one evening. If she wants a tropical background, but not necessarily on the beach, PIR has a palm tree "forrest" with a long grassy area near their spa. Its along a wild beach, so its not a place you can go out on the beach, but the palm forest is such a beautiful spot. I think the resort is nicely set up for a small group. Great meals and places to hang out together or go off and enjoy activities on your own. We love PIR, but its indeed pricey. You might try to google "Peter Island Wedding" and see if you get any reports on it.
We've never been to Scrub Island, but will be there next week. I thought of it is because I saw a report on Trip Advisor titled "Dream Wedding" or something like that, and it was a rave review for a small wedding there. From the website, it appears there are places for groups of people to hang out, plus some activities to enjoy.
Sugar Mill on Tortola has nice grounds and a great restaurant. The beach is very small and right next to the road, so not sure where they would hold a wedding. I think they have enough units to house the wedding guests
Be aware that Long Bay Beach Resort on Tortola is having some issues. Here is what I read online:
"Pool is closed and fenced off, buildings (reception and shops) on hillside are closed and some boarded up. Grounds are a mess, no gardening/landscaping done in a long while." It may be straightened out by next year, but I wouldn't take a chance.
I hope she finds some place soon.
Just saw your posting. We got married in Tortola in 2010! We had about 30 people fly in for our wedding from as far away as Brazil. We chose Myett's in Cane Garden Bay for a variety of reasons:
1. We had been to Cane Garden Bay several times and liked the laid back atmosphere of the place (especially off-season)
2. While there isn't a "resort" on Cane Garden Bay there are a number of small hotels, inns & guesthouses with a big enough range of rates to accommodate all our guests. Even those that came by boat. We were also able to get a discount at some of the hotels for our wedding guests.
3. Myett's provided everything: food, music, flowers etc. They made an arbor out of palms and flowers on the beach, and a path of flower petals for the wedding.
4. They walked us through the rather complicated process of obtaining a marriage license in the BVI's.
5. We were able to have the "rehearsal" diner and the "day after the wedding dinner" at two different venues on the same beach.
All in all, we all had a wonderful time. Our friends and family are still talking about how great it was.
I would be happy to communicate directly with your niece if she wants more information.
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests
|VIOL on tumblr Submit a pic|