Virgin Gorda... First Visit-Part Two

Travel discussion for Tortola, Virgin Gorda, Jost Van Dyke, and beyond!
lprof

Virgin Gorda... First Visit-Part Two

Post by lprof »

We took a quick look around our little home for 6 nights, freshened up and dashed out for dinner… not so fast! "Island Pot" was recommended by Tina… not far into town, good BBQ on Friday… sounded like a plan! We found the place, but the nice young man was just lighting the charcoal at 6 and we didn't want to wait; after driving around in the dark and rain and finding nothing that looked open, we retreated back to the GSB commissary for frozen pizza and picked up some drinks and breakfast items as well. While there, I let family and Facebook know that we had arrived in the BVI using the wi-fi room.

Guavaberry Spring Bay Vacation Homes photos… Our cottage looked like this:

The commissary:

The wi-fi/TV room ( my pic):

When reserving a cottage (they also have villas) you ask for the number of bedrooms, king or twin beds, and with or without air conditioning. Reservations are handled by phone, website, or email. You cannot request a specific cottage. We had a one bedroom king with air for $175. per day… $150. without a/c. We paid 1/2 the room total by check and were confirmed. I think the first two nights plus the last is the amount of deposit, which was half our stay. Credit cards are not accepted here for any payments.
They have a connection with Mahogany Car Rental that offers a small discount if you pay for the car through Guavaberry; they accept credit cards if dealing only with them. It was apparent that both parties preferred paying it all with GBS. We loved the Jimny… clean, comfortable, power windows and locks, large enough for all the stuff… not too powerful going up the mountain, but otherwise great… wish we could get them on STJ!

I am slowly adding pix to a set on Flickr of the grounds, beach, etc at Guavaberry Spring Bay Homes… I aim to label and comment on them as time goes by:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/floridalin ... 786461504/

Part one of Virgin Gorda... First Visit is here:
http://virgin-islands-on-line.com/virgi ... =6&t=26275
... no longer a stranger to paradise
toni

Re: Virgin Gorda... First Visit-Part Two

Post by toni »

Yay, BVI trip report :D
We will be staying on Virgin Gorda and Jost for the first time next month. Looking forward to reading your dining recommendations! Will say I'd be needing a bigger runway :shock:
Thanks for posting and looking forward to more.
PA Girl

Re: Virgin Gorda... First Visit-Part Two

Post by PA Girl »

I am late to these reports and they are making wonderful Sunday morning reading while the rest of the house is asleep.

We are taking Seaborne between sju and STT in two weeks