Guavaberry houses

Travel discussion for Tortola, Virgin Gorda, Jost Van Dyke, and beyond!
Gigi

Guavaberry houses

Post by Gigi »

We are planning our first trip to VG in May and want to stay at one of the houses at Guavaberry. Is there a location/view difference in the cottages with air and without? We are looking at a 1 BD.

Thanks!

Gigi
lprof

Re: Guavaberry houses

Post by lprof »

When we arranged our stay with Guavaberry (online) we chose a one bedroom with air. We did not have any choice in the location, although I requested one "higher" and further from the beach hoping for a better view. We were assigned Guavaberry House which was great! The view from there:

I think all the cottages have some view. My pix of GSB are here and include a couple of shots of our view.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/floridalin ... 786461504/

We had a terrific stay there and hope to return. I am happy to answer any questions.
... no longer a stranger to paradise
AquaGirl

Post by AquaGirl »

Guavaberry is a great choice. We stayed in a 2BR with a/c and had a huge deck with a beautiful view. When we walked around the area, we saw some 1BR units that were in a wooded area with very little view and many units with fantastic views. I think they have added a/c to more units since we've been there. You may want to inquire to make sure you get one with a nice view. Having a view is very important for us. We were very glad to have a/c as it was really hot in May the year we were there. Be sure to take a walk at night to see and smell the night blooming cacti. Showy flowers and wonderful aromas.
Maggy

Post by Maggy »

The houses that are farthest up doesn't have ac. They have better breeze and great views. I think all the houses on the upper side (lefthand side) are OK when it comes to the view. They all have something good, privacy, large deck, great view. Our favorite so far is Banyan (no ac). Have been wanting to stay in Guavaberry cottage for a long time, but no luck so far.