Pics from recent Virgin Gorda trip

Travel discussion for Tortola, Virgin Gorda, Jost Van Dyke, and beyond!
Linward

Re: Pics from recent Virgin Gorda trip

Post by Linward »

GORGEOUS photos!!! What type of camera were you using? The ones of the Baths look more like paintings than photos - beautiful! Now I really, really want to go :D !
Life is an adventure.
Treasure each moment.
jerseygirl062

Post by jerseygirl062 »

Thanks Now I look at the pics and I really,really want to go back. I use a little Canon PowerShot and my husband uses a Canon Rebel.
toni

Post by toni »

Thanks for posting :D
We went for the first time in December splitting a trip between STT, VG and JVD. Doing the same again in December, might need to being a kite with us this time. That looked like fun. :) We watched planes come in and that was a wild experience!
jerseygirl062

Post by jerseygirl062 »

That's our plan too from now on to split the time. Do you ferry between the islands?
Linward

Post by Linward »

I have the canon power shot and the canon rebel too :D . Plus, my husband and I each have canon D10s.
Life is an adventure.
Treasure each moment.
jerseygirl062

Post by jerseygirl062 »

Our D10 is non functioning for the third time in. Not going to repair again - the seals leak no matter how careful we are. Do you use a housing for yours ?
lprof

Post by lprof »

Your colorful photos of this trip refreshed my memory beautifully; we hope to go back to Virgin Gorda for a split trip with STJ next time around. Thanks for sharing the sights.
... no longer a stranger to paradise
Linward

Post by Linward »

No, we don't have housings for our D10s. Fortunately, we've never had a problem with leakage. Maybe we've just been lucky - but we are VERY careful about soaking them in fresh water after every use, and always disconnect the wrist strap, and soak that unattached. And, of course, are very careful about making sure everything is closed up tight (no red showing).

We did have a problem with the LCD screen turning "grey" on one of them a couple of years ago. We sent the camera back to them, and they replaced it.
Life is an adventure.
Treasure each moment.
happycanesfan

Post by happycanesfan »

Thanks for sharing. Beautiful photos!