Taxi ? for Tortola

Travel discussion for Tortola, Virgin Gorda, Jost Van Dyke, and beyond!
JJShaw

Taxi ? for Tortola

Post by JJShaw »

Has anyone taken a taxi from West End to Road Town? How long did it take and what was the cost? We're working on Ferry Schedules.. :)
Thanks !!!
[/url]
NCSue

Re: Taxi ? for Tortola

Post by NCSue »

I was wondering the same thing! I seem to remember reading it was a VERY short ride over.
JJShaw

Post by JJShaw »

Hi NC Sue,
From what I can find out its supposed to be about a 10 to 15 min ride and about and about 10 to 15 per person...we are traveling on a Tuesday and I'm thinking we will have to ferry from STJ ( staying there the 1st week) into WE and then taxi over to RT and then ferry to Virgin Gorda...sounds like a lot of work and travel time...I'm opting to go back to the airport with Family get them all checked in to fly back home and Hubby and I catch Air Sunshine or one of the other charters over and be there in 15 min..:D sounds like a plan to me.. ;)
[/url]
travelingman

Post by travelingman »

NCSue wrote:I was wondering the same thing! I seem to remember reading it was a VERY short ride over.
Yeah agreed. I've heard of people even just biking over to the ferries. We are outdoorsy so most likely taking a bike or even walking would be fun. Keep us posted on what happens :) - The taxi's play awesome music though. Sometimes it has it's own unique chords. Really great music.
Last edited by travelingman on Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ski2play

Post by ski2play »

Not a long ride in the taxi at all. There will be many waiting when you get of the ferry at West End. The ride is 10-15 minutes as others have stated. The pricing already stated sounds right.

We like to use Iris Penn (let me know if you want her phone number). She is always waiting for us when we ask her to be, takes us to run an errand if needed, has even picked up our provisions and met us with them, and always, always has a smile on her face.