Air Sunshine

Travel discussion for Tortola, Virgin Gorda, Jost Van Dyke, and beyond!
JJShaw

Air Sunshine

Post by JJShaw »

OK..so after researching Ferry times...taxi times and trying to make sure it all goes off without a hitch..( we are traveling on Tuesday from STJ) I decided to heck with it...I didn't want to spend all day trying to get to VG..so we booked Air Sunshine from STT and I can be there in 15 minutes. (Yes, I have to taxi and ferry back to STT but I would have to done that anyway if we had ferried round trip, to catch our return flight home)... question is...has anyone flown them to VG before? they have mixed reviews and mostly older ones at that..just looking for thoughts on them if anyone has any...thanks !!!!
[/url]
equineannie

Re: Air Sunshine

Post by equineannie »

Many times from STT and San aqua . Airport there is small, dirt runway but nice. Get your camera out, island is stunning from air as you approach. Enjoy, I love Gorda much better than USVIs.
JJShaw

Post by JJShaw »

Thanks !!!!
[/url]
AquaGirl

Post by AquaGirl »

We have taken Air Sunshine twice - from San Juan to VG. Flights were fine both times - no issues. The most recent trip was Oct last year. It was nice to get there quickly and without going the multiple ferry route. The plane we took was very small - 9 seater, as I recall. The only thing I didn't like was I was really crunched up in my seat and I am medium height and build. We *loved* the views of the islands from the small plane. Definitely have your camera ready as the other person mentioned.