Please keep URLs out of your signature files!

Stuff for all the forums in here.
Anthony
Site Admin

Please keep URLs out of your signature files!

Post by Anthony »

This is a general rule - and it goes for everyone. Please don't put your URL in your signature file - I delete them as I see them, don't take it personally.
Thank you!
Anthony for Virgin Islands On Line
mrscaptainjay

Post by mrscaptainjay »

:(
Last edited by mrscaptainjay on Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anthony
Site Admin

Post by Anthony »

I am sorry you can't understand it - it is in the rules, and always has been, since you (and everyone else) signed up. It is not personal - but I realize you can and will take that the way you want to.

I also apologize about the ticker - the code looks fine, I am not sure why it is not working. You can always try re-pasting that - I am sure I only removed the URL of the blog. I tried to fix it but it doesn't seem to want to work - it may because there is other HTML in the post.

I really don't want to get into an argument about this and a big back and forth - but I can't, with 3,000+ members, visit sites and make judgement calls about who and can't have a link in their signature. You can always share you URL when asked, or via PM, etc.

Anyway - if you want to continue this please email me - webmaster@caribbean-on-line.com - and I am sorry if you feel offended.
mrscaptainjay wrote:I really don't understand this. I had my blog referenced, which is just a personal blog about moving here and now living here. It's not commercial. It's not in competition with this forum in any way, shape or form. When you removed my url, you trashed my ticker, so now my posts have a bunch of html garbage, the least you could do is fix that. This is the kind of crap that turns what used to be a fun forum into a place you want to run away from. In fact, that's what I'm going to do. So don't expect any more posts from me.

If you want to see me, find me on facebook or our blog, if Anthony doesn't remove my url from this post.
http://livedelifeusvi.blogspot.com/

You say don't take it personal, well, it's very personal.

Later
Anthony for Virgin Islands On Line
toes in the sand

Post by toes in the sand »

Your a patient man Anthony.

Have a happy Christmas season.
"got a drink in my hand and my toes in the sand"
Heather

Post by Heather »

Wow mrscaptainjay, that's a little harsh. I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Anthony for all he does for making this forum a very special place for all of us.
nuendelcapecod

URLs

Post by nuendelcapecod »

I don't know as much as I should about computers, I guess.Not sure if my posts have a URL or not? :roll:
toes in the sand

Post by toes in the sand »

nuendelcapecod,
Your posts are fine. You don't have a signature line, so you don't have a URL (website or e-mail link) in yours.

The signature line is included with every post or reply you make on the forum. You have to set it up in your profile.

My signature line is"got a drink in my hand and my toes in the sand" and it will appear below on all my posts.
"got a drink in my hand and my toes in the sand"