Hello from semi - lurker status

Travel discussion for St. John
jclampet

WOW

Post by jclampet »

Upon reading I find that I have been corrected three times on my St John vs. St Johns misspell.....I am Catholic and am reminded of the college of said name, forgive me....plus I have been to the city of said name sake in Canada multiple times....I promise I will get it right....At least until I start drinking at my destination, then all bets are off...Just kidding....have a nice day
Nancy_B

Post by Nancy_B »

Welcome! We will be on island at the same time as you (no villa or airfare booked yet but it will happen). We arrive the 9th and depart the 23rd. Look forward to meeting you at the Beach Bar on the 17th!
NancyB
jclampet

Post by jclampet »

Thanks Nancy, I remember chatting with you sometime back, We will deinitely meet you there on the 17th. Jody is so bloody excited about it all that I am going to have to keep her drunk just to keep her calm.. Someone asked where we are staying. We got a little one Bedroom place called Blue Aweigh for the week...The price was really good and it has all we need. We got our RT tickets on Delta leaving Reagan for $375 PP...The Rental Car is arranged, so all I need is a beach and a beer. I will be settled that quickly. I will post up a pic so you know who you are looking for. I am also on Facebook..just look for James Dowling
mahobayb

Post by mahobayb »

Welcome j

You just walked in to a world of pleasure. You will find everyone here to be so helpful and kind. I am more of a listener (lurker) than a poster. But, this forum keeps me warm in between trips.

My husband and I will be on island at the same time. We look forward to meeting you and your wife on May 17th at the Beach Bar.

Happy planning
we never touch someone so lightly that we don't leave a trace
deejayjay

Post by deejayjay »

Welcome, I too lurk more than I post. May is a beautiful time to go. It's when we have always gone. This year we will go in Apr instead due to impending arrival of grandbabies. Hope Apr is not too crowded or too cold.
ifloat

Post by ifloat »

Hooray! A new newb! I think that gives me a promotion. Now I'm not-so-newb.
Chet

Post by Chet »

J & J - welcome from a random couple that thoroughly ejoys STJ and the Forum Family. Come down to LSD some weekend and visit!
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

[/url]
luvinsun

Post by luvinsun »

Welcome Jim and Jody!!!

I am getting better at posting these days, but I definitely lurk more. This is a great forum. Great people, really great information. You can ask just about anything and someone will know.

You will LOVE LOVE LOVE St. John. To use your words, I am so bloody excited, I can barely stand it!

Have fun here, it's a great place.
Tami
Image[/url]
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Chet wrote:Come down to LSD some weekend and visit!
Will Timothy Leary be there? :lol:
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

Welcome to the forum! :D
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
Chet

Post by Chet »

California Girl wrote:
Chet wrote:Come down to LSD some weekend and visit!
Will Timothy Leary be there? :lol:
Lower Slower Delaware...
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

[/url]
jclampet

Wow again

Post by jclampet »

wow, you guys are great, I never thought so many would respond so quickly, thanks for the welcome...
mcpenguin5

Re: WOW

Post by mcpenguin5 »

jclampet wrote:I am Catholic and am reminded of the college of said name, forgive me....plus I have been to the city of said name sake in Canada multiple times
If you want to go to mass on Sunday while you are there, you are going to love Our Lady of Mount Carmel church. It is in downtown Cruz Bay, and it is not only a beautiful little church, but the authentic Carribean music and singing will make you want to go to mass several times. I look forward to going to mass there when we are on island. I hope you check it out, too. They have a 6 PM Saturday vigil mass, it fits nicely in if you have plans for Saturday and Sunday. Just be aware that the congregation dresses nicely and you will feel awkward if you show up in shorts and T-shirt.

McPenguin5
Boston Mike

Re: Wow again

Post by Boston Mike »

jclampet wrote:wow, you guys are great, I never thought so many would respond so quickly, thanks for the welcome...
It's called the St. John bug. Oh, it will bite when you are down there and fall in love with the place.

No wonder you got so many responses and quick. Seems to be a great bunch of nice people out there lurking, posting, what have ya. Add to the fact that most of us are sitting in single digit temps looking out the window at white snow and not white sand. So we come here and kind of get away from it all. 8)
Life begins where the land ends!
RickG

Post by RickG »

Pleasure is a gift. Spread the pleasure.

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI