Shuttle from Emerald Beach

Travel discussion for St. John
AH

Shuttle from Emerald Beach

Post by AH »

Can't tell you how much information I have gotten from all of you on this forum. Thanks for that! :D

I do have a question though that I am hoping you can help me with. We are thinking of staying our final night on St.Thomas (after 12 nights on STJ). We have an early flight so thought this would be best. Since I hate to even think about the last night and day I guess I have been putting off figuring out where to stay that night. We are leaning toward Emerald Beach because of it's proximity to the airport and because we have seen it recommended by many of you. So now on to my question... :lol: Does EB offer shuttle service to the airport? If not what do you recommend?

AH
chrisn

Post by chrisn »

We always night-over at the EB. There is no shuttle service to/from the airport. Just arrange for a taxi. They are always there in front. We've never has an issue and we usually fly out quite early. I think we arranged for pick-up last year at 6:00am. Taxi was there right on time.
jimg20

Post by jimg20 »

Yeah --- what Chrisn said. :D

JIM
Man it's like some dream we live down here....

traveler22

Post by traveler22 »

We usually stay at BW Emerald beach the first night, they don't offer a shuttle to the the airport but offer one between EB and BW Carib beach which is next to the airport.
bchbum82

Post by bchbum82 »

I dont know the age, physical shape, or how many luggage bags in your party, But we just walked from EB last time I was there.
grfdlf67

Post by grfdlf67 »

We walked to the airport for the first flight out of the day. Lot's of joggers so it seemed safe and a pleasant walk. It took about 10 - 15 minutes. I don't think I'd do it at night.
MLS

Post by MLS »

We like the EB experience enough to stay both the first and last day. We are actually considering more than one day at each end in the future. The goal the first day is to be in the water, complimentary rum punch in hand, well before sunset-4:30 this year. The goal the last day is to be in the bay till as close to departure as possible-this year it was noon before we got out of the water.
We always take a taxi.
We find EB stretches the vacation a little and saves money on the STJ villa. Vacating the villa at 10AM for a late afternoon flight is such a pain. We just got back last week-even EB's "island" lapses were fewer and shorter this year.
Restaurant is actually quite good.
AH

Post by AH »

Thank you so much everyone for your replies. What did I ever do without you? :wink:
Anyone know, is $189 a night in May a good price? (Not including all the taxes,etc).

AH
RT

Post by RT »

$189 is the standard rate for May on the Best Western site, but with AAA discount it shows 170.10.
RT