best place to watch sunset on stt

Travel discussion for St. John
jjstephens01

best place to watch sunset on stt

Post by jjstephens01 »

:D hi will be on st thomas out on east end in a villa up on cabrita point over easter week. where is the sun setting this time of year?? we have a view that is incredible but sun from our deck sets behind the ritz carlton. looking for a good outdoor bar or restaurant to sit outside with a cigar, food, rum and wine to see the sun disappear!!!! fenchtown i hear has some good spots. looking for something casual with no reservations in the 4-630pm range. like a good happy hour pre sunset. help me forumites!!!! cheers,john.
Exit Zero

Post by Exit Zero »

You might enjoy Paradise Point at the top of the Tramway in Havensite - you can drive up - music on Wed. evenings.
Berlingirl

Post by Berlingirl »

I recall some great sunsets from the beach at Secret Harbor. They have a bar next to their Blue Moon resturant right next to it so that's a good smoking and drinking spot for you!
RonUSVI

Post by RonUSVI »

Mafolie as well. Not sure how the cigar will go over though at any of the places. Frenchtown restaurants face East. There is a new sushi bar in Gregorie channel(behind Frenchtown) that may have a nice view as well.
RL 8)
kimberlysea

Post by kimberlysea »

I agree Secret Harbour...actually got married there at sunset. A nice place for a cocktail too.
mrscaptainjay

Post by mrscaptainjay »

We saw a great sunset at Secret Harbor this past Saturday and the Blue Moon cafe was great for happy hour drinks and food while watching the sunset. I also really like Paradise Point on Wednesday nights. Fun atmosphere and an awesome view of the sunset. Frenchtown won't work for a sunset but still go for great food (Hook Line Sinker or new sushi place, plus others).

Deb