Urgent Warning!!!

Travel discussion for St. John
kikimom

Urgent Warning!!!

Post by kikimom »

A very dear family friend of ours was critically burned Fri. night when an outdoor "elegant flame fire bowl" exploded and sent the gel fuel flying all over her face neck and arms. This bowl looks like something that we as outdoor lovers would enjoy, therefore this warning. I hope that this might save lives and heartache for any who might have one of these or might buy one in the future.

Follow the link below to see a picture of this fire bowl on the family blog for Sasha. There is also an explaination of what lead up to the explosion.

I am also asking for your prayers for Sasha, her husband Jeff and their families. Please pray for comfort, healing, strength and peace as they go through this horrendous ordeal. Jeff and his brothers grew up with my children. One of the boys married my daughter's best friend. Sasha is just 26 years old. She and Jeff were trying to get pregnant with their 1st child. Thanks much, Kikimom (Vicky)

http://www.supportsasha.blogspot.com/
Last edited by kikimom on Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
Bug

Post by Bug »

Vicky:

I am so sorry to hear this. I read the blog and it's just horrible. I will pray for Sasha and all who are around her!

XOXO
Bug
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

Oh I so hope she has a speedy recovery.

With the increasing popularity of outdoor living accessories, the blog also serves as a PSA of sorts.
byado18

Post by byado18 »

Please let her know that the STJ forum family is sending thoughts and prayers..... will all the diversity, I am sure that all "higher powers" will receive a message to great her healing, the family courage and patience, and wisdom for the medical team!
jmq

Post by jmq »

That is terrible. Best wishes go out to that family.

That looks like a potentially dangerous product – like a super sized Sterno can - but that shouldn’t happen. It could have a design or quality defect. Plus, there is also a legal duty to adequately warn and instruct, and to meet U.S. labeling standards and ANSI standards on instruction manuals. If it is a foreign manufacturer, this burden could fall on or be shared by the primary importer/distributor.

If I were them, I would get me a good product liability attorney. They are looking at years of potentially huge med bills that may exceed the policy limits or may not cover everything.

And, FYI, I am not one of those lawsuit happy types. I get that those costs are passed on and we all pay for it in the end, but if there is something wrong with this product, then action needs to be taken.
When we come to place where the sea and the sky collide
Throw me over the edge and let my spirit glide
Tracy in WI

Post by Tracy in WI »

So sorry to hear about Sasha - what a terrible thing to happen. Please know that I will allso be praying for her and her husband.

Tracy
mahobayb

Post by mahobayb »

Wow!! I am so sorry to hear this.

I feel so bad for Sasha, Jeff and their families.

I will be praying for all of them.

Thank you kikimom for showing us this.

That looks like something I would buy.

It is a nice looking piece.
we never touch someone so lightly that we don't leave a trace
sea-nile

Post by sea-nile »

prayers to Pat and her family...
PSUWethr

Post by PSUWethr »

Your family is in our prayers. What a sad accident. Let her know that we are thinking of her!
Berlingirl

Post by Berlingirl »

Thank you for posting Kikimom. Praying for quick healing for Sasha and comfort for the family.
cool breeze

Post by cool breeze »

Godspeed to Sasha and her family.You are in in our thoughts and prayers.
Nic in KC

Post by Nic in KC »

Prayers said and will continue for Sasha and family. What a terrible ordeal that no one should have to endure.

nic
BeAsUR

Post by BeAsUR »

Sasha is in our prayers today and through her recovery.
Here's a toast to you on the coast....

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
soxfan22

Post by soxfan22 »

jmq wrote: And, FYI, I am not one of those lawsuit happy types. I get that those costs are passed on and we all pay for it in the end, but if there is something wrong with this product, then action needs to be taken.
Nor am I, JMQ. But if there were ever a viable lawsuit, it would seem this is it.

None of that matters though now - I hope for a full recovery.
July 2003 - Honeymoon at The Westin
July 2004 - Glenmar, Gifft Hill
July 2005 - Arco Iris, Fish Bay
December 2007 - Dreamcatcher, GCB
July 2008 - Ellison Villa, VGE