Car Rental discounting?

Travel discussion for St. John
rpplano

Car Rental discounting?

Post by rpplano »

Has anyone come upon any discounting by the jeep rental places? I've noticed deals and discounting on Villas and airfares, but as of yet I haven't found any deals on car rentals in STJ. Anyone?
John LMBZ06

Post by John LMBZ06 »

I never saw anything posted online, except for the "off season" pricing all of them post. I bet it is just going to take someone asking the Jeep rental places. I just got back and never saw any in the coupon books. (I guess it would be too late for a coupon like that to work if you were already on the island. Most of us make the reservation before we get there).
jmq

Post by jmq »

Paris discounts their off season rates.

http://www.rentalcarstjohn.com/
When we come to place where the sea and the sky collide
Throw me over the edge and let my spirit glide
rpplano

Post by rpplano »

You are probably right, John. I'm just surfing to see if anyone has recently stumbled across a deal. I'll start emailing my previous vendors and ask for a quote. Who knows? I just received a 20% villa discount by asking nicely.
awardb

Post by awardb »

I think it's beginning to happen. We'll be in STJ July 20th, our Villa agent just reserved a Jeep for us with a 10% discount off of the usual off-season rates. She got it at C& C. I only switched to them after using Courtesy last year (good experience) because Courtesy moved from their convenient location next to the Police station to much further out near Starfish Mkt.

So maybe a few of the rental places are beginning to discount, due to the economy, etc.

Anyone else?
AwardB
Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end; then stop. - Lewis Carroll
sinawitatanka

Post by sinawitatanka »

Maybe if you tried to book early enough...we called lots of places that had NO cars left a month and a half out. By the time I found someone with a vehicle, we ended up paying for one of the most expensive models. I was so grateful to find one I didn't even try for a discount.