Any suggestions? (cooking related)

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
lisak428

Post by lisak428 »

MaryBeth,
This is a really tasty recipe for the ground turkey.
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/bobb ... index.html

Also, I know you said no turkey burgers, but these are the best ever!!! I know the recipe calls for beef, but I have only used turkey. Also, when using turkey, I let it marinate for hours. And don't skip over the orange chipotle mayo. You must try them!!!! You won't be sorry!
I, too, have never experienced the problem that Rick has....
http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/ ... ise-107083

Lisa
Exit Zero

Post by Exit Zero »

Start looking for some nice "cold fruit soup recipes" to use the yogurt - vanilla will work fine - and they are very refreshing on a hot summer day for lunch or dinner
nothintolose

Post by nothintolose »

Mary Beth - every morning I put vanilla and/or plain yogurt on top of Grape Nuts then put blueberries, strawberries or banana on top and mix it all up. Yummy!!!!

I have also made peach smoothies with it in the last week.

Turkey meatsauce and add italian sausage for the turkey.
"Eat, drink, and be merry for tomorrow we die" - Dave Matthews Band
jmq

Post by jmq »

Becky and Rick: Thanks for the inspiration. Riffed on that Larb recipe to make some awesome lettuce wraps.

Sautéed EVOO, garlic, onion, jalepeno and small sweet Hungarian pepper, shredded carrot, ground turkey, added couple splashes of Wegmans Thai Culinary stock, couple squeezes from tube of Gourmet Garden lemon grass herb blend (great stuff if you can find it), grated fresh ginger root, small scoop of chili garlic sauce and natural style peanut butter, couple squeezes of sriracha, juice from small lime, and fresh basil and cilantro from the garden, spooned into Boston lettuce leafs.

Slams together really quick. I was walking in the house after trip to the farm market and we were eating 30 minutes later.

Crazy good with an ice cold Caribe, especially on humid summer eve. Next time need some chopped peanuts that each can add to taste.
When we come to place where the sea and the sky collide
Throw me over the edge and let my spirit glide