Car rental question-in Charlotte Amalie

Travel discussion for St. John
kimberlysea

Car rental question-in Charlotte Amalie

Post by kimberlysea »

I will be arriving on a ferry from the BVI's in Charlotte Amalie and spending a few days there. How would I pick up a car rental. Thought possibly cabbing it to the airport or Red hook area where I will be staying and pick the car up. Any suggestions what would be a good idea :?:
Connie

Post by Connie »

If you're staying on the east end you can rent a car at Sapphire Beach through Budget. I'm not a big fan of Budget though, especially at the airport.

You could also take a cab to Charlotte Amalie and rent from Dependable or Discount Car rental. The last rates I received from both car rental agencies were about $50 apart with Discount being the cheapest for a 4 wheel drive Wrangler.
"Paradise...it's a state of mine"
RickG

Post by RickG »

The BVI ferry wharf in CA is pretty close to Dependable & Discount, they might pick you up. It's worth a call.

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
kimberlysea

Post by kimberlysea »

Thanks :!: I am going to call both and see if they can pick me up at the ferry dock.
dtenel
Location: My feet are in Michigan....My heart is in St. Thomas

Post by dtenel »

We always sue Amalie Car Compamy and they will pick you up and drop you off wherever you need. They are a great, local company and all their cars are no more than 2 years old. We are using them again for 11 days this December.

www.amaliecar.com
captainjay

Post by captainjay »

There is a a rental company in the Ferry Terminal downtown. Avis I think. But Rick is right I am sure Dependable will pick you up as well.
Jay