~Livin La Vida Lovango~ Trip Report day 3

Travel discussion for St. John
msgcolleen

~Livin La Vida Lovango~ Trip Report day 3

Post by msgcolleen »

Up with the sunrise at 6 a.m. since I didn’t want to miss a minute of my vacation sleeping too long!

We decided last night that we would like to hang out on St. John for the day so Marcy & Santa brought us right over to the National Park dock.

It only takes 10 minutes to get there on their speedy yellow dinghy. We picked up some supplies for the cooler & caught an opened air taxi to take us to Cinnamon Bay. A super nice newbie couple from Chicago rode with us and we instantly became their tour guides up and down the north shore road. It was so fun to see their faces when they saw the beaches at the overlooks for the first time!! We found out that it was the wife's 40th b-day and her hubby surprised her with this trip!

We made it over to Cinnamon Bay and it was beautiful as ever with only a few other people on the beach. The campground was actually closed for the month so the restaurant up the hill was closed too.

We told our new friends about snorkeling to Little Cinnamon to find the Cessna plane wreck while we snorkeled around the cay and to the right by the rocks. They couldn't find the wreck and we were totally disapointed to find NOTHING!! On top of that, hubby got stung by something and his hand immediately was numb. It took days for it to return to normal.

We all headed to Trunk Bay for lunch and hopefully better snorkeling since there were no cruise ships in today. We woofed down some mediocre burgers but, like I said before, everything tastes better on the beach.
With new found energy I decide to snorkel all the way around the cay and again was terribly disapointed. Everything seemed dead and gray. SO SAD! But the beach was just beautiful and decided to just chill out and soak in the view:

We are officially spoiled rotten!!
I've got 2 tickets to paradise~Pack your bags we'll leave tonight!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
Barb Y

Post by Barb Y »

I am so envious of you while reading your report. That is the way to go! Thanks for sharing I can't wait for more.
Pianogrl

Post by Pianogrl »

WOW....now THIS is the trip I'd like to go on! So beautiful.
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

I had husband read your first two installments last night and we looked at Lovershack's website. Now he is all "we must stay there!"

Now that the affect of the wine has worn off, I need to question him further as to whether or not he would feel too confined on the island.

Did you go back and forth during darkness at all?
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

That is too bad about your snorkel at Trunk. When we were there in June it was all rubbly and dead for about 2/3 of the way up the cay, but after that we found lots of coral and fish up to the back of the cay.

I am really enjoying your report!
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
XOXO

Post by XOXO »

Great pictures!! It makes me happy--especially to know that there are more coming.

Gina
jayseadee

Post by jayseadee »

Hard to imagine, but this sounds even better than paradise!
janet
msgcolleen

Post by msgcolleen »

Hey PA Girl! I know what you mean about wine influenced trip planning! :wink:
But we did not feel confined at all! We were free to come and go on our schedule. We usually made our plans the night before to let Santa or Marcy know.
We did go to St. Thomas for dinner and live music on our last night but had no desire on other nights since we loved to grill at the cottage!
They did say if you are the type that likes to party in Cruz Bay in the evenings then this is not the vacation for you.
Liamsaunt: Killer snorkeling is coming! No gorgeous octopus though~ :(

islandjo2010

Post by islandjo2010 »

I love your sunrise photo...can't wait to see one myself on STJ! I'm enjoying reading your reports and waiting for day 4.
Take care!
Jo
nothintolose

Post by nothintolose »

Keep 'em coming - loving this!!!!
"Eat, drink, and be merry for tomorrow we die" - Dave Matthews Band
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Such neat pictures! :) When we snorkeled at Little Cinnamon in May, it seemed like snorkeling on the moon. Almost everything was dead and covered with a gray silt. It's sad. (we didn't find the airplane, either :evil: ) I'm glad to hear there's some "killer snorkeling" coming up! :D
cptnkirk

Post by cptnkirk »

Now thats what I call a nice dinghy. How do they operate a hot tub over there. They have enough eletricity or a generator over there. Figured they are making there own as I noticed a windmill in one of the pics.
msgcolleen

Post by msgcolleen »

Captain Kirk~
Everything is powered by these bad boys!

How cool would it be to never get an electric bill!! :D

cptnkirk

Post by cptnkirk »

To COOL :D Hopefully the whole country starts to head that direction.