~Livin' La Vida Lovango~ Day 6

Travel discussion for St. John
msgcolleen

~Livin' La Vida Lovango~ Day 6

Post by msgcolleen »

Oct. 6
Day 6 already? We are really flowing with the island time and are up as the sun is rising over the north shore of St. John.

After coffee, smoothies & cheesy scrambled eggs we were off to St. John for the day. One of the first people I see right at the dock is Ruth!

I ran over to say hello, hoping she didn't think I was some crazy stalker lady. I guess she is used to people just coming up to her all the time since she is a "forum rock star!" She seemed really excited about the building of her new home and showed us the plans of what the kitchen will look like. Very cool~

We headed up the hill to stock our cooler at Dolphin Market (just loved the 9 a.m. round-about construction)

Walked across to Courtesy Car rental to rent a car for the day and what? You are out of cars? Your kidding? It's October!

"Go to Paris Car Rental mon"

O.K.! They had a nice new car ready to go for us, just a mountain of paperwork to fill out and then we were on our way! Ahh, Centerline! Smoothie truck! Turn Left! Empty Annanberg parking lot to the trail to Waterlemon Cay. Joy!
Oh, you know how I said earlier that we have never hiked? I guess I forgot we have taken this trail before 2 years ago in the rain. So I guess it was a hike, just a flat, soggy one! Sorry~ :?

This is actually the first time for us to snorkel around Waterlemon since 2 years ago it poured down buckets of rain and the current was really kicking up, and our 9 year old son was not a happy camper. Here's the pic to prove it!! No that's not me in the bikini!
This year was soooo much better!
Yes, I know these pics don't win the "Liamsaunt Award" :shock: But we had a great time seeing about 50 starfish and a big ol' stingray among the rest of the schools of fish! After the "hike" back to the car, we say hello to this guy:

Drove over to Skinny Legs for a must have Blue Cheese burger

Just had to finish up at the last north shore beach we have never been to: JUMBIE! Me likey! Easy parking and down the stairs to a nice little beach with a view of Trunk Bay. We jump right in for a snorkel and what do we see but a beautiful turtle swimming so gracefully with us for about 20 minutes!

Back to Cruz Bay and over to Starfish market for steaks, gas station to top off the gas, turn in the car and our chariot was waiting for us to zoom back home.

Another great day! Another great night! 8)
I've got 2 tickets to paradise~Pack your bags we'll leave tonight!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
laurie

Post by laurie »

msgcolleen,
I am loving your daily reports. Having Santa @ your disposal is awesome. Are his services included in the villa rate?,,is a gratuity given at the end of your stay or on a daily basis? Also have you found it difficult transporting your grocery and libations to Lovango? I hope you are staying for longer than a week so the reports continue. Lusting for Lovango ,Laurie
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

Oh my...what bad weather you DID have! Loving your trip reports!!!
msgcolleen

Post by msgcolleen »

Great questions Laurie! Yes, a daily drop off and pick-up is included in the price but we happily gave Santa and our hosts a much deserved tip at the end of our stay since everything went so smoothly, and such great service and hospitality!
We never thought it was a problem transporting things to and from Lovango. We had a small rolling cooler that was also a backpack. Worked perfect for us!
Tomorrow is the last lusting for Lovango day :(

Hi Minde! Shouldn't you be packing lucky girl!?!
I've got 2 tickets to paradise~Pack your bags we'll leave tonight!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

I've been packed for months :oops:
tipsy

Post by tipsy »

mindehankins wrote:I've been packed for months :oops:
OOOH, YOU HAVE TO BE INCREDIBLY OFF THE WALL !!

I believe you when say been packed for months !! I will be too, probably start writing down clothes lists and revising them come Jan.!!

Thank you msgcolleen for the fabulous reports and pictures. They are terrific.
No ticker anymore. Next vac will prob. be the Fl Keys.
Pia

Post by Pia »

That donkey was happy to see you wasn't he :lol: :lol: :oops: :lol: :lol:

Great report

Pia
Realtor - St John Properties
tipsy

Post by tipsy »

Pia wrote:That donkey was happy to see you wasn't he :lol: :lol: :oops: :lol: :lol:

Great report

Pia
very funny Pia. :lol: missed that one...
No ticker anymore. Next vac will prob. be the Fl Keys.
sailorgirl

Post by sailorgirl »

Great reports! Any pics of the inside of the cottage?
designbyroe

Post by designbyroe »

oh no...........did you say your last day on lovango is coming up?
loving the pics and the report it is so nice and makes me feel like I am on lovango too.........:)

There's no $ sign on a peace of mind, this I've come to know
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Your reports just plain relax me! :D Love the underwater shot of hubby with the starfish behind him!

Pia, leave it to you to find the "excitement" in this report! LMAO! :lol: :lol:
islandjo2010

Post by islandjo2010 »

Love this report and photos too! Where did you see all these starfish? At Waterlemon? Is that common?
Thanks again!
Jo
Pia

Post by Pia »

What, am I the only one to spot that :lol: :lol: :lol:
Realtor - St John Properties
budman

Post by budman »

Msgcolleen,

Thanks great reports! My family has been considering this villa for a while now and your reports have answered some of our questions. We are wondering about the sleeping comfort? I understand that the master in the villa has a/c, but the loft and the cottage do not have it?? temperature wise were you guys comfortable at night in the cottage? was there a night when the air just didn't seem to move? We have a couple who need a/c and some others that only need a breeze. We have stayed at Concordia without a/c and were comfortable, but we've also stayed beach front on Rendevous without a/c and found it warm and we've stayed high above Coral Bay without a/c and found it warm, you never really know until you've stayed there :wink:

If you can... please post more photo's of the property, we are 99% committed to this secluded spot, please help me convince my a/c loving family/friends :lol: but, don't stretch the truth too far :wink:

Budman
P-600

Post by P-600 »

Pia,
You have good eyes!
:wink:

Julie
Live from St.John
Facebook Group