4 nights at Gallows Point

Travel discussion for St. John
George

4 nights at Gallows Point

Post by George »

Thinking about a quick 4 night trip to St John and staying at Gallows. Does anyone have a suggestion of a nice unit they have stayed in. I was thinking an ocean lower.

Thanks
Captain Jack

Post by Captain Jack »

We have stayed in both the ocean lower and harbor upper. If we ever stayed there again, it would be the harbor upper. Good view, private and not as noisy as you would think. Ocean condos get alot of foot traffic around you and noise from ZoZ's. If you are staying in a ocean front, think about an upper unit. Just my thoughts. Say hello to Frank for me when you are in the water, if he still lives there.
Have fun
CJ
SunnySal

Post by SunnySal »

We have stayed many times at Gallows-always in lower, either harbor or partial ocean view units. I like the sounds from Cruz Bay, and the foot traffic was never an issue. Oh,we did stay once in an ocean view but the sun was SO intense in the afternoon that we couldn't sit out on the patio
I believe there is magic here...
dhanc1

Post by dhanc1 »

We have always stayed in the Ocean Upper units. A number of their units have recently been updated and remodeled. I would suggest calling them and asking which ones. We stayed in one of the remodeled units in May and they're really an improvement over the others. Granite kitchen tops, new appliances etc. They're all the same price too. I think we were in 9D but can't remember for sure. The Upper Ocean units have the best views imo and the sun is only a problem for a short time. I never really thought about it though. Unita 1 and 2 are a little removed from the actitity and may be a little quieter.
debbyg

Post by debbyg »

Just return from Gallows Point Resort stay. We stayed in lower ocean unit 5A. it was recently re done. New kitchen and bath, new tv in living rm. Good views. Contact me if you have any other questions.