Awesome STJ Street Maps

Travel discussion for St. John
MrsCARolph

Awesome STJ Street Maps

Post by MrsCARolph »

I got my USVI Street Atlas in the mail today! (I ordered it from <a href="http://www.caribmart.com/uviisstat.html ... com</b></a>) I thought I'd share a little review of it with you all.

First of all, I was impressed with how professional it is. I don't know why I expected any less, but it is just as well constructed and well organized (if not more so) than those you would find in a book store.

Second, the maps and pictures can't be beat! On each page, it shows an aerial photo of the island, highlighting the section the map details, then a close-up aerial shot of the area, and finally a very detailed map noting the important places and streets on the island. I swear, every single building in Cruz Bay is shown on this map!

Best of all, it has the kind of info that only a true USVI traveler would think to include. For example, it seems to point out nearly every estate on STJ. How convenient is that?

Overall, I would highly recommend this atlas to anyone visiting the USVI. My only complaint is that our choice of lodging, Estate Lindholm, is not listed in the index or on the maps. Perhaps someone in the forum can desbribe to me where it is, so I can circle it in my atlas?

Thanks! Hope this helps any of you who were considering the atlas. It's really a great resource!
sunlover

Post by sunlover »

Estate Lindholm is just north of cruz bay, near Lind Point...is that on the map?

You'll just love Estate Lindholm. We just stayed there a few weeks ago. It's lovely.
patr

Post by patr »

Does anyone know if the atlas is available on-island?

I really want one, but was afraid I would not receive it before we left. BUT now, you all are getting yours and I'm very jealous! :cry:
Patr

~~Longing to be back on St. John~~
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

I got my Atlas today, too! It's completely awesome! I'll be soooo glad to have it as a first-timer on the island (on my own, that is). I'm thrilled with how detailed it is! Thanks for getting it to me on time Anthony! 38 Days to go! Yee hawww! :lol:
Anthony
Site Admin

Post by Anthony »

That is great that you like the Atlas - I was going to ask this question but you beat me to it. They ship next day, Priority Mail, so you can still get one if you are 7 days out. They will be on island, but I am not sure where and when yet. We definitely had them as soon as they were available. Ruth if you read this - are you going to stock them??
Anthony for Virgin Islands On Line
MrsCARolph

Post by MrsCARolph »

Patr- I ordered mine late last week and got it yesterday--including the weekend that's still only a few days shipping time. And, I chose the cheapest shipping method.
waterguy

Post by waterguy »

I hope mine comes today
VaGirl

Post by VaGirl »

Patr, same goes for me...mine came so quickly! I leave in less than 3 weeks and can't wait to have this with me. There are beaches I missed in the past cause I just couldn't seem to find them, but using the map view and the aerial view together, I'll be able to find them all! Thanks, Anthony, for making this available - it will be packed first!!
Rob7

Post by Rob7 »

Mine came today, and it is great, at long last a nice map of St John. Anthony once again gets a gold star.
Teresa_Rae

Post by Teresa_Rae »

Are y'all talking about the USVI atlas that sells at Caribmart for around $35?

sea-nile

Post by sea-nile »

Well, I wasn't going to get one, but after reading this thread I just ordered one!
Anthony
Site Admin

Post by Anthony »

Teresa_Rae wrote:Are y'all talking about the USVI atlas that sells at Caribmart for around $35?

Yes they are - you can check it out here: <a href="http://www.caribmart.com/uviisstat.html"><b>U.S. Virgin Islands Atlas</b></a>
Anthony for Virgin Islands On Line
waterguy

Post by waterguy »

Got mine today and can't put it down.
toni

Post by toni »

Rec'd my atlas today-ordered it over the weekend so that was speedy service! I'm liking the fact that it points out some places of business since I didn't know where they were, but am I missing The Marketplace on there-or did places have to pay to have their names put in?

Pointed out the aerial of the runway to my husband-sure looks short!

I guess I thought too that more of the smaller roads would be labelled. I know my way around the main roads St. John fairly well, and even in my own neighborhood tend not to notice street names; are most roads labelled or not on St. John? Having this will definitely make me more adventurous looking for places!
islandgirl

Post by islandgirl »

:D :D yep got mine today too. cannot find the bars though. wheres woodys???????? and paulies place. :wink: :wink: