Best B&B in the CA wine country

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
Terry

Best B&B in the CA wine country

Post by Terry »

We stayed here for a birthday celebration for my husband and it was amazing! The owner made many plans for us to go to small unknown wonderful vineyards where we tasted great wines in their kitchen!

http://www.grapeleafinn.com/grapeleafinnvideo.html

I can't say enough about this place. Healdsburg is a quaint little town and right in the heart of everything.

So if you're ever in CA wine country or planning a trip there soon, check them out.
loria

Post by loria »

That really looks like a wonderful place--thanks for the tip--next time we hea out there we'll give it a try!! love that area!
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
Carolyn

Post by Carolyn »

WOW Terry...we stayed there too! so it's nice to see you recommend it to others here to check it out. We stayed there a couple years ago and LOVED it. The 'speakeasy' behind the secret bookcase door was a late afternoon treat...are they still doing a little wine tasting each afternoon? Our first trip to wine country we stayed at a B&B in Sonoma so the next trip we chose to go a little further north , so we found the Grape Leaf Inn online. Healdsburg was a nice little burg where we had some mighty good dining! Cyrus was superb! Funny we were just talking about when we might do another wine country trip! I have some lovely photos from that place...will try to post a few soon.
Terry

Post by Terry »

Carolyn,
We did a week and more. If you are up for another trip and wanting to go further north, check out the Albion River Inn.

http://albionriverinn.com/

Amazing flight of malt scotches and great wines. The restaurant on site is superb.

Then we drove threw the Redwoods on the way back.

Have fun!
lprof

Post by lprof »

Great sounding places... thanks, they are on the "bucket list" now. Glad you ladies shared your thoughts and that you enjoyed your visits there.
... no longer a stranger to paradise
Carolyn

Post by Carolyn »

Thanks Terry...that looks lovely! I've bookmarked it. Would be nice to stay on the coast while out there!