Burger Receipe.........please

Travel discussion for St. John
SS in NC

Post by SS in NC »

I've done a half and half mix of fresh ground pork and fresh ground chuck. I have a grinder on the mixer head of the Kitchen Aid. Pepper, garlic through a press and grated onion for seasoning before grilling. Salt if desired after it's done cooking. Makes a basic, juicy burger.
rpplano

Post by rpplano »

Gromit gets it! Homemade Bleu Cheese burgers on STJ.
Man oh man, I'm hungry.
Terry

Post by Terry »

Teriyaki burger:

Ground beef
bread crumbs
1 egg beaten
finely chopped green peppers
finely chopped onions
soy sauce
lemon juice
brown sugar
ginger

Basting sauce:

soy sauce
brown sugar (equal part of each)
mit43

Post by mit43 »

We keep it simple.

Everyone has been saying to use the 80/20, but I use only the regular 73/27 ground beef. Fat = Flavor!

The only thing I put in them is salt, pepper and chopped onion. Make em big! 1/2 pound each. Grill them until they are medium well. It helps if you make an indentation the size of a quarter in the middle of the patty before you grill them to keep the burger from being too fat in the middle. Add Pepper jack cheese until it is melted and they're ready!

I have tried many different recipes, but have found I like these better than any other more complicated burgers.
Tim
Just Another Day in Paradise!!!
Margy Z

Post by Margy Z »

Easy, everyday burgers: 80/20, very finely chopped onion, quick form, season with Penzey's: the Chicago Steak and the Beef Roast Seasoning. After first turn, add some Worcestershire Sauce.

If the meat looks too lean I add some chopped cooked bacon to the mix before cooking. Oh, heck,I add it even if it DOESN'T look too lean - BACON, BACON, BACON!