I won the airfare game!

Travel discussion for St. John
Shari

I won the airfare game!

Post by Shari »

$740 for Christmas week! Delta and Cape Air combo. Let's hope I can keep my eyes closed for that 33 minute turboprop flight :shock: Villa booked, airfare booked, car reserved. . .now I just read all of your trip reports for the next 226 days and dream about sun and sand :)
parrot eyes

Post by parrot eyes »

is that for one ticket or two? I'm looking and the best I can get is 778.00 pp....ugh. I wish we had a bigger airport to get out of here. :(
Berlingirl

Post by Berlingirl »

I believe it's for one ticket...
Hoping for a USVI ticker in 2013!
Gromit

Post by Gromit »

Wooohoo! STJ soon come!
*Another fine scatterbrained production
jmq

Post by jmq »

See - the advice was right about not booking on the weekends and clearing your cookies.

Had some first hand experience with this last night. An airfare I was watching went down by $115 from the weekend, so put it on hold yesterday morning. It went down another $20 late last night, so I tried to book the new AF over the old, but it wouldnt let me until I canceled the hold.
But I didnt want to totally lose the hold price to an even higher price if I cancelled and then went back in for the cheaper price.
So I called and the phone rep said she couldnt do the change without charging me, so she transferred me to the online help desk. He said he could cancel the hold and that he could retrive it for me if the new price was gone.
He held the line as I went back in to book the new price and sure enough, it was telling me it was no longer available at that price and wanted to book me at HIGHER than the hold price that was just cancelled (!) for the same flights.
I asked him nicely if he minded waiting while I backed out and cleared the cookies and tried again. Sure - no problem.
I do that and what do you know - that cheaper price WAS still available, so I booked the 3 tix.
When we come to place where the sea and the sky collide
Throw me over the edge and let my spirit glide
Gromit

Post by Gromit »

Like I said people, Tuesday nights!!!

I've also found that searching on line for one ticket vs multiple tickets will yield different price results.

But once you get the pricing for one ticket then I add in any additional tix from there.

I used to think this stuff was all in my head but there are several articles out there discussing why and how the airlines work in this regard.

It's annoying, but once you find a way to work the system, you're good.
*Another fine scatterbrained production
Bluwater

Post by Bluwater »

Nice job - Congrats!!
Bluwater
alw1977

Post by alw1977 »

Enjoy that turboprop flight - they're fun. It'll be over before you know it. I am always a little jealous when I sit at SJU waiting for an AE AT7 and see the folks departing in those little Cape Air planes. It looks fun.