Post by DELETED »

DELETED
Wakey

Post by Wakey »

:shock:
sailorgirl

Re: Amazing Ruth

Post by sailorgirl »

Keep Left wrote:See what you don't know it amazing! "That" person that named the villa is arriving tomorrow free of charge for a week at the house except for a nominal fee to open and close the property. If you like you can contact her directly at I'm sure she will share her exciting adventure from the "free" name that villa contest with you!
Hmm I wonder how the person would feel knowing that you made her travel plans such public knowledge. Perhaps you want to list her address and where she keeps the extra key as well! Im sure she won't mind.
Last edited by sailorgirl on Mon May 17, 2010 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pia

Post by Pia »

Oh just think of the spam mail now - not sure I would want my info put out there for the world to see :shock:

Also, as Ruth said, you are wrong on KC homes.

Pia
Realtor - St John Properties
Lex

Post by Lex »

I received a PM from Keep Left that I'm going to share with the forum. I've stated before that I consider PMs as messages that the sender may want kept private but that the recipient has entered into no such agreement. I do this to keep down the number of weird PMs I get. I don't betray condidences but I do like to share the weirdness with the whole forum.

Here's Keep Left's PM to me:

To: Lex
Posted: Sat May 15, 2010 8:56 am
Subject: House
You know lex, I was straight up with the contest and I never expected anything from it other to cause a little excitement on the board. Yep, a lady won and she is staying at the house this very week for a minimal charge. If you would like her name and email address let me know. Some of us are not out to get a profit or marketing or whatever. I personally view you as a very sad, unfilled individual.

Mike Mullen
Greenskeeper

Post by Greenskeeper »

Hmmm maybe that's why KC is looking to sell his home- it's becoming a * on a map of who is who. It's funny I was looking at a lamp in a store in Cruz Bay and the saleswoman told me "you know, Kenny Chesney just bought 2 of those." Mea culpa, at the time I didn't know who he was but my thought was "hmmm I don't have anything nice enough to be illuminated by an $800 lamp!"

We have lots of celebrities who live in and around here. I am sure there are other parts of the country this happens as well. No one pays them much attention for the simple fact they live amongst "regular" people and it is assumed they want it that way. When they are recognized, they are gracious and just act like regular people. If you know where they live, you just don't share it with anyone.

So that being said, I think I saw KC (second trip- I know who he is now) at the Quiet Mon. We were going to dinner and sitting in traffic and I looked up, short guy, sleeveless t shirt, hat backwards standing at the railing, looking out over the street. He was very cute- just gave a little acknowledgement and smiled. If it wasn't him, it was his twin.
hugo

Post by hugo »

It's actually pretty amazing how many short, nondescript white guys in hats there are on this island, once you start looking.
waterguy

Post by waterguy »

If you see someone that looks like John Goodman it just might be me.LOL
Tom
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
Pete (Mr. Marcia)

Post by Pete (Mr. Marcia) »

Lex wrote:Keep Left

I believe you're the guy who was building the villa and decided to run a name-the-villa contest here? With a reduced rental rate for the "winner"? This is all starting to seem oddly familiar. And you're also the guy who wrote a book about STJ, then contacted forum members to try to peddle it to us? And now you're trying to rent out your villa and thoughtfully informing the forum of its availability. I thought Anthony tossed you from the forum, but maybe I have that wrong. I do recall that the "contest" was shut down. So how'd you come up with the name?
Is Sopra Mare your villa? We drove by it every day on the way to and from where we were staying. Why did you put the pool right next to the road?
Wisconsin, smell the dairy air
Greenskeeper

Post by Greenskeeper »

hugo wrote:It's actually pretty amazing how many short, nondescript white guys in hats there are on this island, once you start looking.
Which is why we parked the car and went off to dinner....could've been anyone and no matter who it was, it didn't make any difference to me. :lol:
Terry

Post by Terry »

While walking down the sidewalk to "Dukes" on Wakiki in Oahu, suddenly Billy Jean King came out a doorway from her condo. I stopped dead in my tracks and introduced myself as a only a 3.0 tennis rated player. She was so unbelievable and said that a 3.0 is a good rating and to keep going. She ended up eating at Dukes with us. It made my day!
XOXO

Post by XOXO »

I am just playing devil's advocate . . . In many places celebrity homes are not a secret . . . There are even bus tours that point out where the celebrities live. So, does it really need to be such a big deal for someone to mention that KC has a home or two in St. john?

kC is a celebrity and as such I am sure that he is aware of the excitement caused by just being present. I think this forum is a little too touchy about KC.

g
StJohnRuth

Post by StJohnRuth »

I don't think anyone who lives on St. John or anyone on this forum is trying to pretend that celebrities don't live here or visit here.

However, one of the things that many of us like about living here is the "Live and Let Live" culture and we would like to see that survive. Publishing directions to a celebrity's houses on the internet (incorrectly or otherwise) doesn't quite jive with that concept.

Bus tours and celebrity maps are just too horrible to contemplate. Thankfully I don't think there are enough celebrities here to make those business ventures profitable for anyone.

- Ruth
Greenskeeper

Post by Greenskeeper »

XOXO wrote:I am just playing devil's advocate . . . In many places celebrity homes are not a secret . . . There are even bus tours that point out where the celebrities live.

g
Yes, there are those tours in places where there is a high concentration of celebrity homes and if people pay to go on the tour, so be it. And let's face it, many of the celebrities with homes on those tours are media hounds who LOVE the attention.

But there are also places where celebrities live and just want to blend in with the community. They give to charitable organizations, and get involved with community projects, often in the background without fanfare. At the end of the day, they want to be regular Joes and not get mobbed when they are out grocery shopping or picking up a pizza.