Rest In Peace, Mr. B.

Travel discussion for St. John
Lex

Post by Lex »

I just spent a little time looking back over MrB's posts. The last one was in February and had to do with "geocaches". It refreshed my memory of how funny and right-on his posts were. It's bittersweet to read them, of course. And they reveal different aspects of MrB---from the "Watch where you park" thread to the "Rio 2016". I'll read more later. They're good.
bevm

Post by bevm »

Jorge and Barbara....I know you vacationed with John and Amy and I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend ...Barbara your tribute to John was so sweet. I hope Amy was able to share it with him so he knew how much we all cared about him....
bubblybrenda

Post by bubblybrenda »

Sending Mrs. B a huge cyber hug. I am so very sorry for your loss. My condolences to you, your family and friends.

Reading these 5 pages of posts put a smile in my heart but yet I feel sad because I can feel the sadness in so many of these posts. It is very inspiring to see the friendships that have been made (whether in person or virtually) on this forum.

Mr. B's name on the SpiceCam today - Beautiful!

Does anyone have photos they can post? It would be a nice way to commemorate Mr. B.
~Brenda~
nascarfan59

Post by nascarfan59 »

Hard to see but still there!

God is great, beer is good, people are crazy.
Maggy

Post by Maggy »

RIP John!

I'm so very sad to read this news. But I'm glad and thankful that I got to meet you and have fun in St John.

My deepest condolences to Amy.

Hugs/Karin
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
seagrape

Post by seagrape »

God Bless...
soxfan22

Post by soxfan22 »

Amy, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I never met John in person, but it is clear he was a great man who made a positive impact on many people!

Now I will tell a story, and hope I don't offend - it is meant in humor and love!

John called me a d-bag here once, right after one of my political comments insulted the man. We had a back and forth for a few days, and I went on to say more unflattering things. However, John and I both apologized to each other for words that were said, and agreed that we'd like to have a beer with each other on the island at some point in time.

I am sad that I never had that opportunity. From reading this thread and the tribute thread, it is clear just how great a man John was.

Amy - not sure if you are a fan of Dave Matthews Band or not, or whether John was. Two of my favorite lines that Dave has ever written are the following (from Jimi Thing):

"What I want is what I've not got,
But what I need is all around me"

It is obvious that you are surrounded by great friends, and even better memories.

Deepest Sympathy,

Russ
July 2003 - Honeymoon at The Westin
July 2004 - Glenmar, Gifft Hill
July 2005 - Arco Iris, Fish Bay
December 2007 - Dreamcatcher, GCB
July 2008 - Ellison Villa, VGE
bubblybrenda

Post by bubblybrenda »

Thank you to whoever bumped "Tribute to Mr. B" to the top. I looked at every photo, read every post, clicked on every link. The absolute love and compassion shown to Mr. & Mrs. B makes me proud to be a member of this forum.
~Brenda~
mahojim

Post by mahojim »

The STJ forum family has a lot of inspiration to be thankful for from this man.
Much respect & well wishes to Mrs. B , and his family...
We'll get through this...
Keep your eyes open, and look through those tears. You'll find his
Smiles... :cry:
I'm so sorry.,
MJ
ScubaGirl

Post by ScubaGirl »

Deepest Sympathy Mrs. B!

Although I never met Mr. B in person, I learned a lot from his posts on gadgets. I know he's somewhere in heaven, giving tech support to all those who need it.

May you Rest in Peace John!
beachplums

Post by beachplums »

I'm so sorry for your loss, Amy.
Rest in peace, Mr.B.
"Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air..."
R. W. Emerson
AH

Post by AH »

While reading the previous entries I have been reflecting on what a great loss John's passing is to John's family, friends, and to his "family" here. The thoughts and feelings expressed by others here are such a sincere tribute to a very special man. An old song came to my mind that I cannot recall the name of but there is a line that goes "In the sweet by and by we shall meet on that beautiful shore". John has preceded us to that beautiful shore but one day we shall all be there together. So those of us who did not have the pleasure of meeting John on St. John's beautiful shores can look forward to a day when we will raise a glass with John & Howie on that other beautiful shore. I can't help but think that shore looks a whole lot like our favorite beach on STJ.
AH
jimg20

Post by jimg20 »

AH wrote:An old song came to my mind that I cannot recall the name of but there is a line that goes "In the sweet by and by we shall meet on that beautiful shore". AH
The name of the song is "In the Sweet By and By." Thanks for that reminder.

JIM
Man it's like some dream we live down here....

jigzmom

Post by jigzmom »

RIP Mr. B. :(