Live Music

Travel discussion for St. John
Fluffy

Live Music

Post by Fluffy »

I have been lurking for over a year, but have decided to come out. I am planning a trip for Jan 2011, I will be finishing up my JD degree in December and a couple of friends are planning a trip to St Johns. We love to listen to live music and are wondering where we can listen to so reggae or any live music. We will be staying in the Coral Bay area. I have been to St Johns with my parents, but we never went out at night. Thanks.
Last edited by Fluffy on Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
XOXO

Post by XOXO »

Welcome out of lurk-dom. I am sure you will add a lot to the forum. This is a great group of people, who are so helpful, you will learn a lot about st. John here.

It is St. John, not St. Johns.

The best live music in St. John is from someone known as KC on the forum (Kenny Chesney). If he is still around. Imagine being in St. John listening to his music. Seriously, we go with our kids so, I don't know much about live music in St. John. I am sure someone else will help you.

xoxo
verjoy

Post by verjoy »

We are planning a trip to St John in June 2011 for our 50th anniversary. We are hoping to take our own live music with us. Our nephew is a professional classical pianist, so the thought of sitting on the verandah at Acqua Blu with Brian playing the grand piano-well, it doesn't get much better than that!
XOXO

Post by XOXO »

Congratulations Verjoy. I agree, it doesn't get nuch better than that.

xoxo
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
lazylane

Post by lazylane »

This live music schedule is updated weekly...

http://www.seestjohn.com/arts_music.html

Enjoy!
LiamH

Live Music

Post by LiamH »

My vote is for Michael and the CSN band!

They played our event and it was perfect!

- Liam
iowaguy

Post by iowaguy »

The Beach Bar tends to have bands once or twice a week in season, but its not a regular schedule (other than Sunday afternoon jazz). Check their website and their Facebook site about 2-4 weeks in advance. Larry's Landing is also a good spot for live bands---check their Facebook site. Both of those spots are in Cruz Bay so you'll have a bit of a drive back at the end of the evening. Also check flyers at the grocery store when you're there---sometimes you'll find something thats not listed online.
---Jim
Lulu76

Post by Lulu76 »

I don't think ol' KC has played anywhere down there in ages, has he? Heck, he's not even playing anywhere stateside this year, so I wouldn't count on that.

But I have heard lots of great music on St. John, none of which involved a balding country singer with a Napolean complex :wink: . The Beach Bar is usually my venue of choice, although that's not in Coral Bay. We have seen bands at Skinny's before. In fact, one of my traveling companions had a friend who played at Skinny's, but he is not on island now I don't think.

Jared, of Starlit Escape and Breath fame, did have a pretty great band playing down there. ISH, I think. Maybe someone will chime in and say if they are still playing. I know they did a lot of Coral Bay gigs.
lprof

Post by lprof »

Lulu76 wrote: Jared, of Starlit Escape and Breath fame, did have a pretty great band playing down there. ISH, I think. Maybe someone will chime in and say if they are still playing. I know they did a lot of Coral Bay gigs.
From their Facebook page the ISH appear to be alive and doing well around St John.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/the-ISH/235944902478

(this does not appear to be working as a direct link... copy and paste does however)
Last edited by lprof on Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
... no longer a stranger to paradise
Lulu76

Post by Lulu76 »

Yay! This is why I love this forum! :D