Waiting for Earl

Travel discussion for St. John
toni

Post by toni »

Stay safe everyone.
XOXO

Post by XOXO »

I was looking for more information earlier today--I noticed that there wasn't anything about Earl on tripadvisor--I find that odd. Pia had mentioned that people on the plane didn't know about Earl and I am really shocked that no one is posting about it on tripadvisor. I feel so sorry for anyone going without knowing what they are getting into.

Anyway, I hope everyone in the path of Earl stays safe and that the communities come together to protect each other and lend a hand.

xoxo
Kentuckygirl

Post by Kentuckygirl »

XOXO wrote:I was looking for more information earlier today--I noticed that there wasn't anything about Earl on tripadvisor--I find that odd. Pia had mentioned that people on the plane didn't know about Earl and I am really shocked that no one is posting about it on tripadvisor. I feel so sorry for anyone going without knowing what they are getting into.

Anyway, I hope everyone in the path of Earl stays safe and that the communities come together to protect each other and lend a hand.

xoxo
I did the same thing. I can't believe there is no talk over there! I sure hope everyone stays safe!
Image[/url]
sapphirecat

Post by sapphirecat »

I can tell you that if you post anything that is not smiley-happy on the STT-related forum on TripAdvisor it is quickly deleted. People have simply given up on it.
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

We're keeping you and Ron and all of our island friends in our thoughts and prayers tonight! Stay safe! :|
stjohnjulie

Post by stjohnjulie »

The wind just started blowing! Just after 2:30am. It didn't wake me :D Just an early riser. I went outside, no rain, but I can see some lightning.
stjohnjulie

Post by stjohnjulie »

2:52 am, rain just started, and the power went out for about a minute.
Anthony
Site Admin

Post by Anthony »

The best news is that the NHC is really holding on to the track heading more north soon - there is another advisory out in about an hour and 15 minutes (the 5 AM) -

Be safe everybody!
Anthony for Virgin Islands On Line
Nancie-Pa

Posr Subject

Post by Nancie-Pa »

Prayers, best wishes and positive thoughts are being sent your way. Take care everyone...I know you'll all watch out for each other as we will be doing from afar.
Friends, they go away then they re-appear...I believe there is Magic here.
cptnkirk

Post by cptnkirk »

Stay safe guys, just looked at the map, fingers crossed, if it stays on predicted path it should just fill the cisterns. They are lining up off the cape. Hope we don't get one for our trip. Exact same thing last year and we had awesome weather.
LMG

Post by LMG »

The most significant change in the 5AM update is that the USVI have been upgraded from a Hurricane Watch to a Warning. That may have happened earlier in the night, though?

Right now there's plenty of rain, but no major wind. This will be an interesting day wherein I'm sure the prayers and mojo and whatever else will be needed and appreciated.
STX lady

Post by STX lady »

Hang on tight Ruth!!! Be safe
STX lady

LMG

Post by STX lady »

The winds have been almost non-stop since 10PM. knocked over my 7' Christmas Palm. Woke me at 4am by almost blowing me out of bed....haven't slept since. Believe me, it's a gale!
STX lady

Post by STX lady »

The light were going to go sooner or later, so sooner it is! AND, it's pouring giant buckets!!!!
FinsUp

Post by FinsUp »

Like so many others, hubby and I have been glued to the computer watching the storm track with all of you on island in our thoughts and prayers. Stay safe and hold on tight!