Non-stop flights out of Philly? Which airlines?

Travel discussion for St. John
Hawaii

Non-stop flights out of Philly? Which airlines?

Post by Hawaii »

Hi - I know this has been posted and probably answered before but I can not find it. Our family vacationing on St.John summer 2011. Would like a non-stop flight. Just wondering which airlines people fly or what the best deals usually are? When is a good time to buy if vacationing in June/July. Would also fly out of JFK or the other airport that is close (my brain is not functioning and can not remember right now). Thanks again for all your help.
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

This summer, US Air had limited direct flights from Philly. I can't remember if it was only on Saturdays or only on Sundays.

I remember Cont. having good direct flight times from Newark.
seaweed

Post by seaweed »

Last summer we had to fly out of Newark, NJ. to get a non stop to STT. I think we went there instead of Baltimore because of cheaper fares. The flights were such a mess that we will probably not fly out of Newark again if we have a choice. I do think summer flights are sometimes tough to arrange if you are not flexible with your schedule. That said, it is all good once you get on island. . .
carron

Post by carron »

We're on US Air out of Philly in December.
psufan

Post by psufan »

Non-stop flights out of Philly are few and far between. Continental out of Newark has some. I personally had a bad experience when I booked one for our last trip. My flights got changed 3 times before our trip including cancelling the non-stop!

We are currently booked on the non-stop on American out of JFK in May. Definitely the best fares I have found although they have been creeping up lately.
Hawaii

Post by Hawaii »

Thanks everyone - I will just have to keep watching. We have a long way to go. Hope to book the villa soon. Would rather fly out of Philly but if it is cheaper from EWR will definitely do that. I hate to fly so it has to be non-stop.
PSUWethr

Post by PSUWethr »

We have been burned by both USAir and American on the nonstop flights. We were supposed to fly on a nonstop fromm Philly last may and they cancelled two weeks after we bought the tickets. This past trip (last week) we were supposed to be on the JFK non stop flight. This flight was cancelled as well back in June. A rep at American told us this flight only flies about half the time and definitely not during the off season. I will definitely go back to flying USAirways out of Philly and through Charlotte.
suzi

philly

Post by suzi »

We are heading down to STJ in October. After a couple of months of searching for a good flight, we finally decided to fly out of BWI. We will be saving about $300 total, just on air. the parking is cheaper and the airport is so nice! Disadvantage is that it takes an hour and 15 min to get there . Oh well, more bucks to spend on island!
Staying at Gallows, btw. Our 10th trip and first with out the kids! they can't believe we are going with out them!
jake

Post by jake »

Just to add another real experience, we were booked on the PHL-STT flight for next May.
They ALREADY cancelled it, moved us to a 2 stop flight...(!)
We protested, got flights rearranged to 1 stop.
I would not count on the non stop, but having flown it several times it was GREAT!
Jake