Charlotte Amalie to St. John Ferry

Travel discussion for St. John
ChipN

Charlotte Amalie to St. John Ferry

Post by ChipN »

Can anyone tell if the ferry from Downtown CA to St. John is running? And if so what the current schedule is? We arrive at 2:40 PM on Friday and have freinds arriving at 4:30 PM and we are debating having them catch the 5:30 PM CA to Cruz Bay ferry instead of heading to Red Hook to catch the 6:00 PM. We plan to head to Red Hook for the 4:00 PM ferry.
Thanks,
ChipN
Pia

Post by Pia »

I believe it has been suspended until further notice.

Pia
Realtor - St John Properties
ChipN

Post by ChipN »

Thanks Pia. I suspected that was the case. Oh well looks like Rachel will get two runs from the airport to Red Hook instead of one.
thanks again.
mricco

Ferry

Post by mricco »

Just got back on Wednesday. We were in town on Friday (before), the 10:00 ferry from Charlotte Amalie was there and it did leave on time. I heard people talking from the ferry company and they were telling visitors that the next ferry would leave at 5:00 p.m. That was it for the day. Now, what do you believe-if it's there in front of you I guess that means is running.
Good luck-wouldn't chance it.
mricco
m ricco
Exit Zero

Post by Exit Zero »

Any of the times I have been downtown STT at the scheduled times 10-1-5:30 this week - the ferry has been there - Realize that history means nothing for tomorrow.
Larry

Post by Larry »

Who is this Rachel I keep hearing about?
ChipN

Post by ChipN »

Larry,
Rachel is a lovely person who happens to drive a taxi. She can be reached at 340-771-2986 to arrange a private taxi pickup at the airport. Her fee for a private taxi is slightly more than the standard fare to Red Hook. However, you are whisked away as soon as YOU are ready and it is a non-stop trip to Red Hook. This is opposed to waiting for the taxi to fill up and stopping at possibly mulitple places along the way. Also you have the opportunity to meet and visit with Rachel which is priceless. I heard about her on here a few years back and we've used her ever since. She is a great beginning to our trip each time now.

By the way I phoned the ferry company and was told that the CA to Cruz Bay ferry is not currently running. I'm sure that it must be as others above have reported. I'm also equally sure that I don't want to risk our friends on the possibility.
Thanks,