Share a cab with Rachael?

Travel discussion for St. John
stltimmy

Share a cab with Rachael?

Post by stltimmy »

Good Morning,

If anyone is flying into STT on 12/9 around 2 and would like to share a ride with Rachael direct to Red Hook, please let me know.

Last I checked, as long as there are two people its 25/each. Otherwise, its 40, which is too rich for my blood.

One month left!

Tim
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

unless she has changed things never heard $40 for Rachel. last I knew it was $25 for per if you were only 2 and $20 if more than two. Still in all if you can share with someone all the better.
Pia

Post by Pia »

Hey MB - she is $40 (I thought $45) if you are a single person travelling to RH - soooo worth it to me if I have had a long travel day and know there is a chance I might be able to catch an earlier ferry that there would be no way of catching in a multi passenger taxi. I once had a 19 hour travel day (from England) and I made the ferry with seconds to spare - last thing I wanted to do was sit at RH at 9pm at night after that long day because I missed the ferry by 5 mins :)

Pia
Realtor - St John Properties
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

Pia wrote:Hey MB - she is $40 (I thought $45) if you are a single person travelling to RH - soooo worth it to me if I have had a long travel day and know there is a chance I might be able to catch an earlier ferry that there would be no way of catching in a multi passenger taxi. I once had a 19 hour travel day (from England) and I made the ferry with seconds to spare - last thing I wanted to do was sit at RH at 9pm at night after that long day because I missed the ferry by 5 mins :)

Pia
Ok. Good to know. When it was just Charlie and I in April she charged us $25.
stltimmy

Post by stltimmy »

Valid point Pia. $15 isnt much considering the travel I will have to endure. Leaving San Francisco at 11PM, arriving in NY at 8, then STT at 2:10. Carry on only, so I'm gonna try like hell to make that 3:00.

But it would be nice to share if possible :)

I will have to introduce myself Pia, next month.

Take care,

Tim
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

Oops didn't realize stltimmy was traveling solo. Sorry for the bad info :oops:
stltimmy

Post by stltimmy »

No worries, at least you replied to help!
BeAsUR

pst subject: Share a cab with Rachel?

Post by BeAsUR »

Rachel is worth the 40$! She will be there when you arrive and if your plane is delayed(which it probably WILL be ) she knows it and makes the adjustment in her schedule. She is wonderful.
Here's a toast to you on the coast....

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
stltimmy

Post by stltimmy »

I am not debating her value at this point. Used her in the past. I am using this board to connect with other travelers.

So, if you are going to land on STT around 210 PM, on 12/9, PM or respond.

Thank you!

Tim
bubblybrenda

Post by bubblybrenda »

Stltimmy, let me know if you make the 3:00 PM ferry.

I'm curious because my travel from here (Vancouver, BC) is similar to yours. I leave here around 11:00 PM and catch the 4:00 PM ferry out of Red Hook(never used Rachel though). The 4:00 PM ferry makes it a mad rush for setting up my tent at Cinnamon before the sun sets so I would really like to know if you make the 3:00 PM ferry. Mind you, I don't do carry on only so it's probably a moot point for me but I'm still curious if you can do it.
~Brenda~
rdb1204

Post by rdb1204 »

Brenda, I've used Rachel before and she will get you to the 3:00 ferry no problem as long as there are no long delays with picking up baggage. We now travel with just carryons to make things quicker as we stay in a villa. I am aware that is not an option for many people. But that flight usually is ontime as far as arriving and deploying baggage. Good Luck and have fun.
Capn Dan and Ruby

Post by Capn Dan and Ruby »

Love Miss Rachel and would travel with her at twice the price!
Lovermont

Post by Lovermont »

Just curious...
As Rachel is the business owner, do those of you who use her add a tip to her fee? I'm never sure how to handle situations like that.

Lovermont
Lovermont

Post by Lovermont »

stltimmy wrote: So, if you are going to land on STT around 210 PM, on 12/9, PM or respond.
Tim

I'm guessing that we're on the same flight as you Tim, but we'll be traveling two days before you. Too bad, or I'd be happy to share with you.

Lovermont
stltimmy

Post by stltimmy »

Ah darn Lovermont. Well, will you please ensure the islands are drenched in sun for my arrival?

Much obliged. The search continues.

Oh, and to answer a previous post, when it was two of us, I believe I gave her 60, which was a 10 dollar tip.