July 4 on St John

Travel discussion for St. John
GracesMom

July 4 on St John

Post by GracesMom »

We are planning on being in St John June 25 - July 9. What kind of festivities do they have for July 4? Is it a good time to be on the island or would it be better to go June 18 - July 2? Thanks!
Angie
paulandtracie

Post by paulandtracie »

4th of July week is a spectacular time to visit St. John...it's Carnival! Lots of great festivities going on all that week with a Carnival parade on July 4th followed by fireworks over Cruz Bay that evening. If you don't like things busy you might want to try a quieter week but we love it during that time. Might want to get accomodations secured pretty quick, however as they will surely fill up. Whatever week you pick, enjoy!
Tracy in WI

Post by Tracy in WI »

I agree - I love the week around the 4th - Carnival is really fun and the parade is pretty spectacular as well. The fireworks at night are the icing on the cake!
Tracy, Seaside Properties at Grande Bay
Iluvstjohn

Post by Iluvstjohn »

we tend to go the week leading up to the 4th....mainly because we like to stay in Cruz bay and staying there with small kids tends to be tricky with the all night party! It's amazing how much you can hear at night! We tend to get back to Boston for the 4th....as they have a pretty big thing going on here as well....But I agree....it's a great time to go to St. John!
Capn Dan and Ruby

Post by Capn Dan and Ruby »

Man that is cool, I saw Mr. Greyhoundmom's pictures and they were great!!! Looks like tons of fun!
hillcrest

St. John Carnival

Post by hillcrest »

St. John Carnival may end on the 4th., but it starts from about mid June.
<A HREF="http://www.hillcreststjohn.com/">Hillcrest Guest House, St. John US Virgin Islands</A>
Pia

Post by Pia »

Also rent your car now for the week of Festival or you may not get one.

Pia
Realtor - St John Properties
Teresa_Rae

Post by Teresa_Rae »

It depends what you're looking for in a trip.

During Carnival it's crazy and loud. It's probably a neat experience to do at least once, but in general I prefer it when it's quieter and avoid Carnival.
Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
- Mark Twain
piscesgirl0314

Post by piscesgirl0314 »

We LOVE going during Carnival...LOTS of stuff going on...the parade is a lot of fun...we'll be there in July for our third trip during Carnival.