Animal Care Center of St. John

Travel discussion for St. John
Barbara

Animal Care Center of St. John

Post by Barbara »

Several folks got this letter from the ANIMAL CENTER.

"We thank you for your past support and invite you to our annual fund-raising gala to benefit the islands’ only animal shelter. It will take place in the evening on Saturday, January 8th at a breathtaking villa in Chocolate Hole. Tickets are on-sale now for $100 each advance, $125 at the door. Event attendees can submit ticket stubs at the door for a chance to win a Biras Creek getaway. Only 150 event tickets will be sold."

Here is the part that I was interested in.

"Raffle tickets can be purchased in advance at http://cts.vresp.com/c/?AnimalCareCente ... 7a02bc571d.

So I sent online at purchased some Raffle tickets. They responded back to tell me they will send me the numbers. BEFORE they draw of course. Then I emailed the Shelter and said hey these are in memory of JOHN BARANZANO.

Here is the rest of the letter.

"Ticket holders will be shuttled from the Westin time share entrance road to the fountained courtyard entry of the sprawling, elegant Hall Residence. With a two-level pool, poolside bars and large decks, the residence is a perfect venue to watch the night rise and to celebrate the ACC’s continued efforts to help the community and the animals.

As darkness approaches, so will the wild side. Guests are encouraged to support the evening’s “Walk on the Wild Side” theme be wearing animal inspired clothing. Dress is “island fancy” and party favors to adorn outfits will be provided. Local chefs and restaurants are providing a menu of delicious appetizers, salads, entrees and desserts.

Prizes will be raffled off as well, including: DineAround St. John packages, 3-courses+wine for 4 people from St. John Catering, 1-week stay at the Rose Estate in Great Cruz Bay valued at $6000, a commission for a custom oil painting by Livy Hitchcock, legal Will by Kathy Depree and more. Winners need not be present. One event attendee who purchased one or more raffle tickets will win the Wild Card prize, a full day charter on Southern Hospitality.

Event tickets are available for sale from the ACC of St. John, Catered To, Connections and St. John Hardware. Raffle tickets can be purchased in advance at http://cts.vresp.com/c/?AnimalCareCente ... 7a02bc571d.

For more information, please contact St. John ACC at (340) 774-1625 or online at http://cts.vresp.com/c/?AnimalCareCente ... bc63306104.

Also, we are pleased to offer you a download version of a 2011 Calendar designed by Greg Damron Design ,,, check it out at http://cts.vresp.com/c/?AnimalCareCente ... 76b0741efe

The Animal Care Center of St. John, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to the well-being and care of homeless, abandoned and abused animals on St. John. Located in Cruz Bay, near the Library, the shelter provides kennels for homeless dogs and inside cages for a limited number of homeless cats. Open Tuesday through Saturday from 8am to 4pm. Anyone looking to care for a loving animal, or volunteer to help, is strongly encouraged to stop by the shelter. "

Of course I am hinting heavily that you support the Shelter. And of course I am suggesting that you dedicate your donation to a loved one. Hey, they need us. Whatever you decide, I just wanted you to know...............
_____
Things I have in common with a raccoon: dark circles under my eyes, stay up all night, eat junk.....you know the rest!
SOonthebeach

Post by SOonthebeach »

Thanks Babs- I got that email and am planning to buy raffle tix tomorrow- always want to support the shelter! Love the "in memory of" idea as well- thanks for that. I just wish we could go to the party ;-)
Barbara

Post by Barbara »

Monica from the shelter sent my lucky numbers and she sent me an extra ticket because I responded so quickly. Cool!
_____
Things I have in common with a raccoon: dark circles under my eyes, stay up all night, eat junk.....you know the rest!
mricco

acc

Post by mricco »

First off I will be buying some of those tickets. Did anyone happen to see the bar graphs just before the drawing for the Animal Rescue? Just wondering how you guys thought it compared with who actually won. HMMMM!
mricco
m ricco
Barbara

Post by Barbara »

Preach on! But of course I don't hope to win. I never do. I will support the Center anyway. I have two rescue kitties at home with me now. And they are driving me nuts. Brother and sister, following me around the house. Stealing my makeup brush and scooting it across the floor. Helping me make the bed. Oh you haven't lived until you have TWO kitties helping you with the bed. So because of John Baranzano AND because I love dogs and cats I will support the Center. Did you know that John was a professional pet sitter? Bet the kitties drove him nuts too.
_____
greyhoundmom

Post by greyhoundmom »

Just purchased my raffle tickets in memory of John B.
SOonthebeach

Post by SOonthebeach »

Purchased mine too! Hoping this will raise a lot of $$ for them no matter who wins!

I did not compare ACC to the winner at the end of the voting- they were still in 6th place- but I wonder if they get something for being top 10? Hope so!