Quickest way to North Shore beaches from Point Rendezvous

Travel discussion for St. John
seaera

Quickest way to North Shore beaches from Point Rendezvous

Post by seaera »

What is the quickest way to the North Shore beaches from the Point Rendezvous Bay/Fish Bay area?

I know we can go into Cruz Bay/town and head up that way, but just wondering if there was a faster way?

Thanks in advance. :)
toes in the sand

Post by toes in the sand »

You can take Gifft hill to Centerline and come in through town that way then continue on to North Shore road or head to the smoothie stand and turn left to head to Francis/Annaberg. The only time that it makes sense to enter Cruz Bay from Gifft Hill/Centerline is when the Westin staff is changing over at the same time that school is letting out. It's the closest thing to rush hour I have ever seen on StJ.
"got a drink in my hand and my toes in the sand"
augie

Post by augie »

Toes nailed it. For me it depends where on the north shore I'm heading. For Cinnamon and points west I go through town (exit the roundabout by Dolphin Market and hit North Shore eastbound at the bottom of the hill by the Lumberyard Complex) - anything east of that I take Centerline to the smoothie stand, then on to North Shore.
Come see us!
mickyb

Post by mickyb »

If you are going to Trunk or Cinnamon, you can take the National Park road down from Centerline. Its probably not quicker- and won't even FEEL quicker (although its a "shortcut") but it is an interesting way to get to Northshore.
toes in the sand

Post by toes in the sand »

mickyb wrote:If you are going to Trunk or Cinnamon, you can take the National Park road down from Centerline. Its probably not quicker- and won't even FEEL quicker (although its a "shortcut") but it is an interesting way to get to Northshore.
If your referring to the dirt/gravel/rutted road that runs from Centerline to the North Shore road I would not recommend using it unless our villa is on that road or you took out the extra insurance on your jeep.
"got a drink in my hand and my toes in the sand"
seaera

Post by seaera »

Got it, thanks so much!