Dinner in Coral Bay after 8:00pm????

Travel discussion for St. John
Sharkbait

Dinner in Coral Bay after 8:00pm????

Post by Sharkbait »

Is it possible???? Long travel day will make it necessary for late Dinner plans and would rather not cook that day. If Coral Bay doesn't have any place serving that late, how about Cruz Bay???? Woody's maybe, heard they serve late.

Thanks for your help. I know we're going to be tired when we arrive and would rather not drive around in circles in the dark looking for a place to eat.
Lovermont

Post by Lovermont »

Don't know about restaurant times, although I'm guessing Island Blues or Skinny Legs would still be serving. If it were me, I'd pop into Deli Grotto at Mongoose Junction before leaving Cruz Bay and get a great sandwich, "crack" bar, and a beverage, and enjoy it when you get settled into your home in Coral Bay. Then you could just chill, eat and drink and not have to rush out to dinner. Deli Grotto is open until 6:00 pm except for Sundays, I believe.
GraysonDave

Post by GraysonDave »

Maybe take advantage of one of those outfits that does the advance provisioning to make sure you'll have something easy to fix for supper at the villa.
Diana2

Post by Diana2 »

Island Blues and maybe Shipwreck would be the only places that late in Coral Bay that may still be serving. Pia might be able to say for sure.
Sara-J

Post by Sara-J »

We stopped and got takeout from Candi's BBQ below Starfish after we got a few groceries. It was our first time to St John so we didnt want to go out in the dark and figure out how to get somewhere and get home. We were very glad we did that! And the food was really pretty good!
mahojim

Post by mahojim »

Not sure of your arrival time/date, but I'd probably look into Shipwreck Landing. Call ahead for info & reservations.
Delicious conch fritters, and wonderful place to unwind,- also love Aqua bistro's atmosphere.
Smiles-
MJ
Sharkbait

Post by Sharkbait »

Our flight is scheduled to land at 4:20pm, figuring we should be on the 6:00 Ferry. Property Manager is meeting us at the dock to take us to our rental jeep and then out to Coral Bay to our Villa.

Now we're thinking if we can get out to Red Hook by 5:30 we could pick up a few supplies there to get us through the night. Do like you did Sara and just hang at the Villa for the first night.

I guess it would be nice to get the shopping out of the way for the week while in Cruz Bay before heading to the Villa but I would feel bad tying up the Villa Mgr for that long.

Thanks for all of the ideas everybody.
Sara-J

Post by Sara-J »

Our car rental company met us at the ferry and then we went on our own to Starfish. One person went to Candie's for the BBQ while the others got the food and booze. The villa rep met us at Starfish and took us to Coral Bay. We ate the fries in the car because we were starving!
loria

Post by loria »

sharkbait are you flying thru raleigh? we have that same arrial time and I am NOT used to getting in that late!--brings up all sorts of issues!
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
Sharkbait

Post by Sharkbait »

Sara-Maybe we should ask our Villa Agent if she would mind waiting while we do this. Sure would be nice to have our shopping done that 1st night. Too late to do much of anything else anyways. Or..... Maybe we could drop off the girls @ Starfish to start shopping and we could get the Villa settled and go back to Cruz Bay to pick them up. Hmmmmm?????

Loria, actually we're flying AA through Miami and had an arrival time of 3:00pm when I booked it then AA changed it to 4:00. The other couple we're going with are coming in on Spirit via Fort Lauderdale and don't arrive until 4:20. Being as this is their 1st time to the Virgin Islands and it's only 1/2 hour we are going to wait for them before heading over. Yes, big difference from getting on the 4:00 Ferry and the 6:00 Ferry. Forced into Island Time before we even get on the plane. :lol:
toes in the sand

Post by toes in the sand »

We stopped at Skinny Legs on our arrival night last trip. I think it was about 9pm
"got a drink in my hand and my toes in the sand"
Sharkbait

Post by Sharkbait »

Well, finally got this figured out. Talked to the Villa Mgr and she says that she always plans on a stop at the Market with her customers before heading to the Villa. So problem solved. Thanks to all of you for your comments and recommendations.