new underwater camera

Travel discussion for St. John
Sharkbait

Post by Sharkbait »

Our 1st Olympus quit working after a year and a half. Quit while being used by a Family member on a Cruise. Didn't know if it was the camera or the Family member so we bought another one. That one lasted about 9 months and is now at the manufacturer being fixed as it is still under warranty. This one goes out again and we'll probably be taking a look at the Canon.
JJShaw

Post by JJShaw »

We have the 770 and it did leak...I had put it in a Hot tub on a cruise..Not sure if that had anything to do with it or not. So we sent it back and it was repaired and sent back in nothing flat, Quick quick turn around. Infact I had the camera back before I got the confirmation in the mail. (Could be our PO) They also extended the warranty for another yr. I love this little camera and we use it here in the pool, I use the heck out of it everywhere we go..so..We brought it back to STJ in 09. We had looked for an underwater housing for it before our trip but couldnt find one...wouldnt you just know it...It started leaking again, We ended up buying another Olympus while we were there, the 8000 and we also bought the underwater housing for it this time while we were able to find it..We have not had any problems at all with it, and despite having issues with the other one (which we still have)..I would still buy one, but would suggest getting a housing for it. Its so nice not to have to careful with a camera. And alot of people dont think about how you can use them for out of the water as well. Ours takes wonderful pictures in and out of the water.
[/url]
Joppa

Post by Joppa »

Here's the photo I shot with my D10 that I won the contest with.

sadams

Post by sadams »

Joppa: What an amazing photo!! Thanks for sharing.