The Maldives trip report

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
GraysonDave

Post by GraysonDave »

Beautiful pics. Loved the report.

And, good news! The Maldives aren't going to disappear.

http://www.spectator.co.uk/coffeehouse/ ... king.thtml

It's all a publicity stunt designed to get paid.
jmq

Post by jmq »

Maggy - great stuff.
What awesome dive/snorkel places on the planet haven't you been too?

P.S. One should be aware that The Spectator is well known to be a conservative publication that promotes right of center positions on most issues.
When we come to place where the sea and the sky collide
Throw me over the edge and let my spirit glide
Maggy

Post by Maggy »

jmq wrote:Maggy - great stuff.
What awesome dive/snorkel places on the planet haven't you been too?

P.S. One should be aware that The Spectator is well known to be a conservative publication that promotes right of center positions on most issues.
Thank you jmq! I have not been to Indonesia, the Phillipines or Australia for instance. I'm sure they are great places for snorkeling and diving. Australia is definitely on my list.

I was not even going to comment that link, as my intention was not to start anything political. I'm just happy to have been able to visit the Maldives.
jmq

Post by jmq »

Maggy wrote:I was not even going to comment that link, as my intention was not to start anything political. I'm just happy to have been able to visit the Maldives.
Agreed. Didnt want to comment on the content of the link either (no need to go there), just wanted to point out where the source was coming from.
When we come to place where the sea and the sky collide
Throw me over the edge and let my spirit glide
Pickle

Post by Pickle »

The whale shark encounter must have been a thrill, Maggy. I can only imagine!

Thank you for the beautiful photos and report. Hope you'll return to the Maldives someday.
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

Oh my, Maggy, thank you for sharing!!! Incredible!
toes in the sand

Post by toes in the sand »

Great TR Maggy. The Maldives are on my list also. Perhaps someday I will be so lucky.

jmq - If you did not want to comment on the content of the link why do you find in necessary to make a political comment on the source of the link? I am just curious the rationale behind that.
"got a drink in my hand and my toes in the sand"
Tracy in WI

Post by Tracy in WI »

AMAZING! Thank you so much for sharing all the pictures and your adventures. Someday.......!
Tracy, Seaside Properties at Grande Bay
JT

Post by JT »

I'm blown away by your pictures and trip report, Maggy! Thank you so much for sharing.
When you find yourself in a hole.... quit digging.
sea-nile

Post by sea-nile »

Very nice report and gorgeous pictures! I would love to go there, but it is far for us. It looks like my kind of place.
AquaGirl

Post by AquaGirl »

I have to add my wow - what an awesome trip and thanks for sharing your report and pictures. Seeing a whale shark is soooo cool. Looks like you are enjoying your new camera.
Maggy

Post by Maggy »

Thank you all for your nice comments.

Yes, it was so exciting to see the whale shark. Unfortunately it was just during 2 * 20 seconds and then it was gone. And 20 snorkelers jumping in the water at the same time, trying to see it. I was lucky to get that shot. What a beautiful animal.

I'm really happy with my G11 but realize that I have been using just a tiny bit of it's potential. For example, the uw pictures would be better if I had shot in raw format or used manual white balance. I'm going to learn how to do that. Maybe it was not that important when snorkeling, as the light is pretty good then, but it will be when I dive. I'm glad I have my technical skilled (including very photo interested) brother with us to Virgin Gorda in April, as I hope he can teach me how to use the camera better.

I'm missing the Maldives right now. It was -20C/-4F outside this morning. Brr :lol:
Laura T

Post by Laura T »

Thank you for sharing your pictures and information about your trip. Had never really thought about going to there, but may need to reconsider! Gorgeous!
hawksnestbay

Post by hawksnestbay »

Best.
OT Trip Report Photographs.
Ever.

Thanks for sharing them.
b-as-u-r

Post by b-as-u-r »

K, Wow, really beautiful! Wonderful photos, as usual. So glad that you had such a great time and that the snorkeling was so spectacular!!! Ali~
STJ - I "get it"