I need help = Anniversary Dinner

Travel discussion for St. John
Connie

I need help = Anniversary Dinner

Post by Connie »

We've decided that we're going to go over to STJ for our 35th anniversary = June 5th!. Actually we've been together for 40 years and I've known my husband from grade school. Such a great guy to put up with me after all these years.

Taking the ferry over is so romantic at night. The stars are unbelievable and it's just so relaxing.

So....calling all the experts.

I read about all the different places to eat on STJ, but I'm a little confused, so this is what we would like.

Great view at sunset on the water. That's definetly the most important.

Good food but not really fancy. Just some good grilled fish or lobster.

Somewhere we can get to by taxi.

Somewhere I can where a sundress and husband can where nice shorts and a nice shirt.

Thanks all

p.s. And would reservations be expected at that time of the year?
"Paradise...it's a state of mine"
bevm

Post by bevm »

My choice would be ZoZo's. Beautiful sunset views. Yes, you need a reservation. You can walk there from the ferry dock,too.
mahojim

Post by mahojim »

Zo-Zo's or Asolare?
Smiles-
Jimmy
larlardb8

Post by larlardb8 »

I third Zozo's! Happy Anniversary!
stampede chuck

Post by stampede chuck »

We've got a reservation at Zozo's to celebrate our 20th. They said they'd put us at a table on the railing ... perfect for sunsets. Great food, great wine and great service when we were there.
Collin
"Packin' up the bathing suits, gettin' out the cowboy boots. That's a sign we must be going home"
Connie

Post by Connie »

Seems like Zozo's is the place to go! Walking there is a plus too.

I'm going to have to look up their menu.

thanks!
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

I would say Zozo's too but I'm not really sure it is what you are looking for. While I'm sure that shorts are fine there and it is not really fancy, it is not simple grilled food. The food there has always been fantastic every time I was there but I wouldn't call it simple.
Enjoy, wherever you end up.
jayseadee

Post by jayseadee »

We've had wonderful dinners at both Asolare and Zozo's.

The best view at Zozo's is up in the bar.

However, I agree with Mary Beth that neither would be considered simple food; although you may be able to ask for some changes.

I would make reservations at least a few days ahead. Why chance being disappointed?

Enjoy your celebration!
janet
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

jayseadee wrote: However, I agree with Mary Beth that neither would be considered simple food; although you may be able to ask for some changes.
Some in our group prefer simplier prepartions and during our last visit (Feb 10) requestions for changes were not granted.
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

Zozos is a great choice for your anniversary meal. John's had the lobster a couple if times and he really likes it. It's grilled and comes with crabmeat and orzo. You can also add a lobster tail to any of the other entrees.

I don't find their menus particularly exciting, but Waterfront Bistro, High Tide and Spyglass all have nice sunset views. Of these three, Waterfront is probably the best setting for an anniversary meal.

I am permanently over Asolare after our meal there last week.
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
stampede chuck

Post by stampede chuck »

liamsaunt wrote:... I am permanently over Asolare after our meal there last week.
Did you post something about Asolare in your trip reports? If so, I missed it.
Collin
"Packin' up the bathing suits, gettin' out the cowboy boots. That's a sign we must be going home"
Connie

Post by Connie »

Looked at the menu of Zozo's and I'm not sure that fits us. I like fancy food every now and then, but we're looking for something that sounds healthier?

The menu doesn't look like you have alot of options either.

Please convince us.
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

stampede chuck wrote:
liamsaunt wrote:... I am permanently over Asolare after our meal there last week.
Did you post something about Asolare in your trip reports? If so, I missed it.
Nope. I haven't gotten to that evening yet, and I am not going to give a review. Some people love it. I have eaten there eleven times, and the things that bother me have continued to bother me, so I am done. The things that bother me might not bother other people.

Connie, another option is to go somewhere with a view for a drink at sunset, and then hit somewhere more casual for dinner after the sunset goes down. Lime Inn has really nice grilled lobster served simple with drawn butter on the side, you order by the size. No views though. Sides are pretty basic: cole slaw, pasta with butter, or a green salad. They do nice grilled fish also.
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
bevm

Post by bevm »

Connie check out Waterfront Bistro or Banana Deck. You can walk to both.
Connie

Post by Connie »

Thanks Bev. Going to check that out!