Valley Doll Nancy's Memorial

Travel discussion for St. John
ShipwreckPat

Valley Doll Nancy's Memorial

Post by ShipwreckPat »

Anyone on island on Sunday March 27 is invited to join us in
remembering Nancy Hayes, the Valley Doll originator at Shipwreck Landing from noon to 3. For those that have not heard, Nancy recently lost her short battle with cancer. We will be sharing memories, serving food featuring her hot sauce and playing some of Nancy's favorite music. Please join her sister Donna and brother Doug in a tribute to her life. We would also ask you to bring your favorite recipe that you have created with Valley Doll. If you not on island, please pm your recipe as we are trying to get a small cookbook together for her family.

My apologies to those that may have planned to join us for lunch that day but the restaurant will be closed to the general public. We will be serving dinner starting at 6.
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

I so wish I could be there. I have such grat memories of Nancy, and even better memories of her cooking.
She was good people, as my grandmother used to say, and I know that the island will miss her.
Grootpan

Post by Grootpan »

We'll be there in spirit but not body. Peace and Love from Washington DC
Gromit

Post by Gromit »

Pat, what a lovely tribute!

I hope everything goes well.
*Another fine scatterbrained production
JT

Post by JT »

The last time we were down to STJ we brought Donna some Old Bay Seasoning from MD. Donna said ,"Thanks, but where are the crabs?" and low and behold we had also brought her a crab shell with a snowman painted on it. Nancy was there and it cracked her up. She gave us a bottle of each of her hot sauces. We also ordered the Shipwreck soup of the day which Nancy had made. It was the without question the best corn chowder that I've eaten. I will forever miss her sweet smile. I sure wish that I could be there to give Donna a hug. And yes, Dee Dee, Nancy was "good people." Pat, please give Donna a heartfelt hug from Joe & Betty.
When you find yourself in a hole.... quit digging.
Sun4MySoul

Post by Sun4MySoul »

I am another who can only attend in spirit. Nancy was indeed good people and deserves a fabulous tribute.

Hugs to the entire Shipwreck Family that is dealing this loss.
ShipwreckPat

Post by ShipwreckPat »

Come on everyone. I know you have them. Please share your Valley Doll recipes. If not a recipe then what you put it on. Please keep it clean. Thanks...you have one week.