Villa help please!

Travel discussion for St. John
laxcat

Villa help please!

Post by laxcat »

Planned on booking Chococruz, but it is now on hold for when we plan to travel, first week of August.

Looking for:
Full A/C
Pool
Children Welcome
Sunset Views (love full water view like Argonauta, but am open to higher up as long as St Thomas lights present)
3-4 bedrooms (if a 3 bedroom option it has to have one room with 2 beds/trundle, etc...)
Trying to stay under $4,000 if possible.
Cruz bay side / North Shore OK if not too far from Cruz Bay

Willing to give up the view and try some new view if all the other things can be found.

I have been using the search function and am finding things that are mainly either not available or do not allow kids. I am beginning to think we may need to give up either view or full A/C. We did A/C in bedrooms only last year at Aurora and it was not as pleasant a trip as in past. With a baby we ended spending a bit more late afternoon time in the great room.

Maybe someone will have better luck searching than me?

Thanks
laxcat
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

Calypso del Sol is a 3 bedroom that suits your needs for the most part. View might be the compromise. It's a nice view but not wide open like you describe.

August looks wide open.
http://www.calypsodelsol.com/index.htm
petepie

Post by petepie »

Vistaero might suit you - it doesn't have full A/C but does have a spectacular view with sunset off to right hand side of the deck. Very large house, all five bedrooms have A/C, no A/C in great room, but we had good breezes when we were there in May so didn't need it. Bedrooms all open to porcches/decks, but 3 of the five had sleep sofas in the bedrooms as well as a queen or king bed. Other options I looked into when looking to rent a villa with bedrooms that had interior access (for little kids) were: Ristaba, Crystal Seaview (which does have full A/C I think), Le Lapin II, Villekula, Paulette (no view), Tesori (pricier), Amani. Good luck with the hunt.
Bigcheeze

Post by Bigcheeze »

Villa del Sol...ac and great view
BuffaloGal

Post by BuffaloGal »

One note on Calypso del Sol: only one bedroom is accessible from the great room. The other two have outside entrances from the lower deck. Nice villa, but I'm not sure it's a great fit with kids.
BuffaloGal

Post by BuffaloGal »

I've never stayed in the Virgin Grand Estates -- and would be interested to hear from those who have -- but Vista Caribe looks like it fits your criteria. I have it down on my list of possibilities for this fall.
petepie

Post by petepie »

Some others to look at with interior access to bedrooms or multiple beds in one room:
Rendezview
Villa Rendezvous
Croix Vista
Also I've heard that Leeward St. John has interior access bedrooms but have not confirmed it with the villa company
HughA

Croix Vista and Leeward

Post by HughA »

Does not have interior access to all bedrooms. Two bedrooms upstairs and then outside stairway to lower bedrooms and pool. A/C in bedrooms only which is generally the norm.
Leeward does have all the bedrooms in one 'pod' but also does not have A/C in the living area unless it has been added in the last couple of years.
Villa del Sol also you must go outside on to reach the third bedroom but no stairs. It does have full A/C.
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

BuffaloGal wrote:One note on Calypso del Sol: only one bedroom is accessible from the great room. The other two have outside entrances from the lower deck. Nice villa, but I'm not sure it's a great fit with kids.
very true. guess it depends on kids age. I didn't catch an interior access requirement. oops.
laxcat

Post by laxcat »

Thanks for all of the great replies. Hoping to research them all tomorrow. Interior access won't be as much of a concern this trip since the baby will be in the room with us, but I will use this valuable research for sure next year when it probably will be a big deal!

Glanced at just a few of these and they look great. Thanks so much for the help!
CHM

Post by CHM »

Catered To has several kid and baby friendly villas (including pack and play and high chair). We booked Sea Forever and I think it fits your wish list.
tombradybetsy

Here is a searcher for you

Post by tombradybetsy »

Try this service which we used last year. We got 5 villas that matched what we wanted. Picked one, and will try another next year.

One of the rental agencies will actually search through a whole bunch of villas on the islands, check the availability calendars, and find what you want in your price range. Go to www.stjohnvillarental.com, and just click on "Help Find A Villa." As we say in Boston, Wicked Easy.

:D
I will be rooting for the beloved Patriots again next year.
petepie

Post by petepie »

Thanks for the info on Leeward and Croix Vista. I thought both had groups of bedrooms with interior access (2 bedrooms off great room, 2 off downstairs great room for Croix Vista, even if all 4 aren't together). It is really hard to find ones with all bedrooms accessible from the interior