Dayenu villa?

Travel discussion for St. John
turqsea

Post by turqsea »

I have not given up trying to find out about this villa but my present thinking is private. I have spoken with several villa management owners and they know nothing. I will speak with their neighbor when they are on island, they are sure to know something. Will pursue, now that I am curious too!
Always look on the Bright side of Life!
kristen1206

Post by kristen1206 »

Thank you Turqsea but please don't go to too much trouble! It must be private but maybe one day will rent it.
spindrift

Post by spindrift »

This topic made Thursday’s, June 16th NO SEE UMS BLOG:
Ahem, "peeked inside" is also known as trespassing. Wow.

Note to self: Do I really need to start “locking the gate” when I decide to go shopping or leave my home?

I own a vacation home that is currently not on the rental market. The thought of “lookie-loos” wandering around my property, even peeking through my windows, whether I’m home or not, is a bit disturbing. Please respect others privacy.
kristen1206

Post by kristen1206 »

You are right. I probably shouldn't have walked down that driveway to look at this villa. But if I was a villa owner and my home caught someone's eye enough to make them want to take a closer look for a future trip, I wouldn't have a problem with it. Especially if it resulted in a future reservation. And after seeing it firsthand I woud absolutely rent this home.

I walked to to the base of the driveway which affords a view of the outside living area, pool and a clear view though the curtainless windows. I did not press my face up against the glass if that is how my comment made it sound.

Had I seen even one sign that someone was renting it/living there at the time, I would have immediately turned around but this home appeared completely vacant and I thought it was a rental property. My bad.

I had no ill intent. My only motivation was to check out a property I thought I would like to rent in the future. My apologies.
turqsea

Post by turqsea »

We live and own a newly built,year round home on an uphill site,here. Many times people think they are going up a road, not our driveway. Lots of times they are stopping to take a picture of the villa they are renting from our driveway because we have good views from the drive. I am not rude to them because they are harmless. If someone were to come up and peer inside I would have a problem with that. Respecting boundaries is important but if you want to take a picture of a home because you love it and can do so from a distance, great! Many private homes have names to their villas, not all are rentals. When I first came to St John I thought all homes with names were rental homes, because most were. Now, owners name their villas because they want to and because it is easier for emergency personnel to find their home/villa.
kristen1206

Post by kristen1206 »

turqsea...that was my mistake. I assumed since the property had a name at the entrance that it was a rental. And I also assumed that it was probably between renters at the time I happened upon it.
turqsea

Post by turqsea »

I know Kristen, it's ok. Thought I would pass it along to you about the villa names, FYI. Something I learned along the way...
susan6

Post by susan6 »

Dayenu is a private home not available for rentals next door to our new home Wings over Water. Our home was built by the same excellent builder, Kiwi Phil, and designed by the same architects, Barefoot Builders. It has a different layout from Dayenu of course, but the same orientation toward outdoor living and natural beauty.

Our house is not visible from the road but there are photos on the website of Lisa Durgin's company Vacation Vistas and on Villa Fish. We love it and we hope you will too.
kristen1206

Post by kristen1206 »

Thanks Susan. Glad to finally know! I had actually looked at Wings Over Water we ended up needing a larger villa. It is lovely though..maybe for a future trip!